Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 10, 2007, 01:34 PM
    How do you control the pain, anger and hurt
    OK first off let me point out that this hasn't happened yet but lets be honest one day it will.

Me and my ex live very close by and my biggest fear now is that one day I will see her in her car with another guy or in another guys car. Now I know that this will be none of my business but lets be honest, its going to hurt like hell.

Im wondering has this happened to anyone else on here and how did they deal with it.

Knowing that she is doing with him what she used to do with you, knowing how she will be acting with him, these thoughts are going through my mind at the mo and I'm just wondering how to deal with the situation if it ever happened.
    Makiavelic76 Posts: 96, Reputation: 14

Jun 10, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Yes it does happened hmmmm 2 times in my life. I remember it now in a funny way, although it hurt like Hell!!

Well I'm my case I face the situation at the moment and I could figure it out it was something going on that's supposed to be not happening. So I confront them, and the answers their body language as verbal gave me wouldn't be so strong to avoid my trust to break.

So, the course of action, if she's your girlfriend, she shouldn't be doing something that jeopardise your relationship, like to hang alone with other guy inside his car. Then, how to deal with the thoughts of what she was doing? How she was action with him or her? Lol well, my advise is not to let brain space for it to grow. It would only make you deform the reality and make you not to take the right decisions, according to the FACTS of ALL the relationship.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 10, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Try to be unemotional in certain aspects in life... may be as you grow you will. These things don't matter at all because once someone's out of your life, to hell with them.. it shouldn't really bother you... and if it does, then you'd always be thinking of hypothetical situations which might or might not happen... What ifs has many connotations to it... what if tomorrow you die(sorry to say, you won't) and your girlfriend is still kissing someone... u could do nothing can you?. u'd be lying in your grave... so buddy what I am trying to say is... that live in the moment, what you will see or what you will not, should not bother you at this point in time... live, laugh and drink... what's gone has gone...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2007, 05:35 AM
    If your having those thoughts all the time then you have too much time on your hands, and have fallen into not playing the tape all the way through. Yes you have good memories, but remember the bad times also, and the way you felt when she broke it off with you. Get busy dude, any action you do will get your mind off her. Paint the bedroom or polish your car. There is always something to do beside sitting and thinking. Up to you... no butts!!
    SameOldSituation Posts: 66, Reputation: 32

Jun 11, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Has happened to me twice. It's natural. Happens to us all. You lose your breath for a minute, but, honestly, for me at least, it was actually helpful for me to see her with another guy. It let me know she's moved on, and that kind of generated some closure. There was no mytery anymore of, "man wonder what she's up to." Rather, I knew that she had a new guy, and then it was my time to find a new gal. I was no longer stuck on the ex.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 11, 2007, 11:41 AM
    It will probably happen. It's natural to feel emotions such as anger, pain, hurt and jealousy. That's what emotions are and that's what they do to you. Like sameoldsituation said, it may help you realize she's moved on, and now it's your turn (not saying that you haven't moved on) It has happened to me before it was a wake up call. It hurt like no other at first but you soon realize life is too short to be so emotionally disturbed by seeing her with other man.

Hope this helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help my anger [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and my name is Brandon. Ok look I have gone to counseling and anger management but none of that stuff works. My anger is starting to even scare me. I don't look for attention and if u want to tell me otherwise u might as well fuck off and pray I don't find you. Well I...

What to do with anger [ 37 Answers ]

I am just writing to ask about suggestions for dealing with anger and pain of unrequited love; and the person treats you like dirt on top of it. I already know that I was stupid to let it even get that deep, let myself be used, and for me feeling the same way for so long. I totally understand, it...

Anger at family [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I need some guidance on channeling my anger. Long story short, I have a younger sister who is a manipulative person who I do not care for personally, and I harbor a lot of anger and resentment towards her, especially how she treated my husband when we first got married. She has also...

View more questions Search