Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    white shoes2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 11:28 AM
    My ex wants to move in with me.
    Hi all, I'm suffering with a huge dilema. My girlfriend and I split up nearly two months ago and we did so on fairly good terms. She was suffering with post-traumatic depression and felt she was bringing me down through her mood swings and not good for me. She since started a course of prozac and has made it massively clear that although she can't be in a relationship she desperately wants us to remain friends. At first the relationship moved on well, but except for the sex thing everything was essentially the same - she still stays round mine, we get drunk, talk to the late into the night and hang out in the day. She thinks I am her soulmate. I deeply love her and regret ever splitting up and do not want to do anything that may stop us ever getting back together. BUT NOW she wants to move in with me, only temporarily, for a couple of months why she gets her together. Thinking I was being supportive, I said of course, but now I realise that it's a stupid idea as she's going to end up breaking my heart all over again. What do I do put my own feelings aside or tell her the truth and risk losing my best friend as well as my girlfriend? HEELLLLP PLEAASSE
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 2, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by white shoes2
    Thinking i was being supportive, i said of course, but now i realise that it's a stupid idea as she's going to end up breaking my heart all over again. HEELLLLP PLEAASSE

You answered your own question my dear.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Don't comprise what you feel is right for you. She must be able to take care of herself. Sounds like she wants all the benefits just not the commitment. Prozac + drinking = trouble :) peace
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2007, 11:51 AM
    As much as we would like to help, and keep the people we care about close to us, and involved in our lives, we can't always have it that way. Especially with partners that have problems, or are to close, and actually cause us confusion and pain. Neither of you can have it both ways, as since she wants no relationship, and you do, space between you is needed, so you both can live your own lives. Hard as it is you must back off from your friend, so you both can handle your own issues, and get out of each others way.

Jun 2, 2007, 01:55 PM
    The heart is easier written and read, than done.

Jun 2, 2007, 01:58 PM
    I completley agree. If you know things won't work out, you must tell her. Just sit her down and talk to her. Don't make things too over-whelming though, as she is going through a depression.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 02:00 PM
    You can still love her with your heart, but allow the brain to do it's job. You know what you need to do. You would have never posted asking if you should let her come back as a roomie with benefits. You just wanted people to confirm what your head already knows. :)peace
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly1955mama
    I completley agree. If you know things wont work out, you must tell her. Just sit her down and talk to her. Don't make things too over-whelming though, as she is going through a depression.
    Yes. He needs to have a heart to heart with her.

Whiteshoes, it might be best if you invite her out to a nice restaurant and talk to her about this in a public area if you are afraid that she might overreact. Be yourself. Be kind. Be gentle. Go easy. Tell her that it is just too soon. Ask her how she will feel if this all falls apart again in the same way. Tell her that if she moves in now, it just might end your relationship entirely, that she is your best friend and that you don't want to take the chance that you might lose each other. Explain to her that this isn't a forever deal. That, later on down the road, it is always a possibility that you two may get back together, but for now, it just isn't the wisest thing to do.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

Jun 2, 2007, 03:00 PM
    I lived with my ex for nine months after we split up, there were rules, he slept on the couch, we gave each other space etc so yes it can work, but you have to work at it, it was either that or throw him out into the street and I couldn't do that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2007, 03:17 PM
    If it was easy anyone could do it no problem, but the things in life that are worth having, are the things you will work hard to have. Just because it ain't easy doesn't mean you don't have to do it. You want to be happy, get to work.

Jun 2, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Every time we have a heart to heart it becomes more intense, I've tried and it just ends up with us being closer and letting the each other in deeper. I think I'll just bite my tongue, let time pass, she'll move out and pray that we move on naturally. The bigger an issue I make it the bigger it becomes. Thank you all.(I'll be careful):)
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Well, white shoes, good luck with that one. I hope you don't get hurt again.

Jun 2, 2007, 05:44 PM
    everytime we have a heart to heart it becomes more intense, i've tried and it just ends up with us being closer and letting the each other in deeper. i think i'll just bite my tongue, let time pass, she'll move out and pray that we move on naturally. The bigger an issue i make it the bigger it becomes. Thankyou all.(I'll be careful):)
    The best of luck to both of you.
    cfigure26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 07:22 AM
    Don't do it Bro.She's just using you.You can do better.There's a woman out there that will love you for you and not for what you can do for her.Tell her to go to a shelter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get him to move out? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm going through a divorce and it's been miserable. He is the one wo wants the divorce, but won't do anything to get it. I have asked him to move out so I can attempt to be amicable with this thing, but he refuses saying he will get screwed over if he does. So he and my kids and I are all here,...

FL to GA move [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved from Florida to Georgia but I work in Florida. Do I file income tax in both states? If so will I have to file in both as long as I work in Florida?

Need to move on [ 9 Answers ]

Well I'm 15 years old and I recently dated a 17 year old. We "dated" for about 3-4 weeks then he said he was going to ask me out everyday of the last week of school. Then summer came and he never asked me out he said he was too busy and wouldn't have enough time to be with me. Well that was fine...

Want to move [ 4 Answers ]

We do not have a lease,we are month to month tenants.We want to move.we told our landlord on the 15th of may that we are moving on the 17 of June.Well he proceeded to ask me if we would stay until the end of June in stead of the middle.Well we cannot do that.He then told me that he had spent our...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search