Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzie42 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Problems with breakup
    Hi all,
    I recently posted a questions regarding leaving my ex of 6 six years. I was informed by a few of the people that he associates with that he is trying to get sympathy by lying on me and talking about me. i feel that this is immature for a 48 year old man who should know what he wants by now. He was the one who after 6 years of me giving him my everything decided to start playing around . I realize that he is angy that i left him however, was it not his choice to travel another road?

my question is should I call and confront him or as suggested by those who answered my question maintain no contact at all and let him continue to bad mouth me. I don't want to put olg on the fire since i am not a confrontational person. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

JAZZIE
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 12, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Is his "bad mouthing" hurting you financially (from ruined relationships) or socially?
    If he is just running his mouth to his friends, then NO WAY, do not contact him. There are more than one reason as to why not:
    First, you don't want to break the "no contact". You will be taking two steps back after a step forward.
    Second, when you respond, you give him the pleasure of knowing that you give a d*mn.
    Third, his immaturity is clear and very unappealing so when you ignore his comments, you give it no credit.
    Fourth, if you respond to him, you encourage his immaturity and open up a new opportunity for him to continue.

So on and so forth...

So, let it roll right off your back. It is not worth it. Keep your chin up and ignore him. Keep it moving and show him that you've already forgotten him (even if you haven't ;) ). Good luck.
    dreamgurl068 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 01:14 PM
    I think you should just leave it alone its just him talking and not even know what he's talking about so don't go to his level just leave him alone that's the best thing you could do
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Apr 13, 2007, 01:23 PM
    He would only lie to hurt you and make himself feel better. Confronting him would only give him incentive to keep lying to hurt you more. Like manimuth said, if you're not being hurt financially then just let it all go.
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Apr 13, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Yes,leave him alone.Unless the talk hurts you financially,then you could sue him for slander.If that is the case,you will need a witness to what he said.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Don't even give it a second thought, leave his lying butt alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breakup [ 18 Answers ]

Heh everyone I just broke up with my ex about a month ago... we just needed some time apart.. so now that I am trying to reconcile things I find out that he is messin with another girl... not his girlfriend but someone he is talking to.. he says that I left him so it will be on his terms when we...

Very messy breakup [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, long time viewer, first time posting anything. My name is T.J. and I'm 19. Ive just recently tried to begin the healing process of a very messy breakup with my 18 yr old ex ( we were together a year almost to the day). One day my sister was saying how she heard my ex had at...

OBSESSED he was with someone during breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Last summer after me and my boyfriend broke up during a big stupid drunken fight. We were broken up for 3 weeks and even though I had plenty of opportunities to date others, I never did because I pretty much figured we would get back together and I felt like it would be cheating even though we were...

Breakup with friend [ 3 Answers ]

How do you explain to a friend that you have broken the relationship with another mutual friend (all women) without going into details or bad-mouthing?

Breakup with Friend? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me here. Background on me: 28 female, married with a 2 year old child. I have a friend that I went to college with and got back in contact with about 3 years ago. Right around that time I got pregnant, and I also got her a job at the company where I work. My...

View more questions Search