Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomas123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 10:12 PM
    I'm in love with my best friend but... She has a boyfriend.
    I have known this girl most of my life. I know I'm a little young to be saying this but I am in love with her. She's always on my mind. She has a boyfriend and he treats her like ****. I told her recently that I liked her. And she said that her and her boyfriend have an odd relation ship right now. And she always says she wants to break up with him but the next day she doesn't? She says that she 'loves me" but as friends. It kills me inside to watch them be together. But what I don't understand is it seems like she flirts with me a lot. And I just don't know what to do. Its very depressing. Help me
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2012, 02:17 PM
    You never waste time on a girl with a boyfriend, especially when she says you are just friends. That's when you say forget it, and focus on other things, and people.

Jan 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
    But I'm not sure what's going on because she flirts with me a lot. Is she just saying that because she has a boyfriend and inside she really does but she doesn't want anyone to know because she is afraid
    Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 06:52 PM
    Just because she flirts, and you like her, doesn't mean it can go beyond that. Its friendly flirty, and happens all the time.

I know you would like it to be more than that, but I seriously doubt it.

Jan 29, 2012, 07:11 PM
    And every time I talk to a girl like liking wise or date someone she gets mad at me.

And she never really denied me either
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2012, 07:32 PM
    How old are you two? Just so I can get a better understanding.
    Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 07:35 PM
    Its never good in my opinion, when a female flirts, rejects you, and is jealous when you are giving her attention to someone else, and she has a boyfriend. That would mean she is purposely feeding you false hope, to keep your attention.

Its possible she is manipulating you for whatever reason. You better pay attention, and be careful bud. You may be liking her but she may have some issues with her personality.

Where is her boyfriend/ Maybe she has made you her surrogate boyfriend. You know the #2 who gives her attention when #1 isn't around! Does she have a lot of female friends? I doubt it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Tal is right. The girl you're in love with KNOWS you're going to stick around if she keeps it up, but that if she wanted to be with you she would be, she wouldn't be playing games. It seems to me that you've made your feelings perfectly clear to her, and she thinks she can do what she wants with them. Stop flirting, start making friends with other girls (notice I didn't tell you to go out and start a relationship) When your attention is off her she'll try harder, and as soon as your focus shifts back to her again she's going to keep playing yo-yo with you. So just back away from it, because it's not worth getting hurt over sweetheart. I've been that girl. And I wasn't trying to be mean or hurt anyone, I just wanted to feel like I was desirable. It didn't mean anything to me. So, coming from a girl that used to be that girl, I'd back away and look elsewhere, because it isn't going to go anywhere with her. And if for some reason it did, it wouldn't last more than a couple of months until she was bored with the relationship.

Jan 29, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Talaniman. She never rejected me though.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Did you not read what I posted? She's not going to reject you, she's going to keep flirting with you. She's also not confirming a relationship, and she won't.

Jan 29, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Ok well thanks to all of you it helped a lot
    Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 09:52 PM
    She says that she 'loves me" but as friends.
    That's a REJECTION, my friend, a nice, polite one, but a rejection none the less.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My friend has a boyfriend and I love her? [ 1 Answers ]

My sisters best friend has a boyfriend and I love her so much but I have already asked her out but she said no and I want to go out with her so bad but she loves her boyfriend and he loves her Please help

I love my boyfriend but I like my best friend? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and 4 months. He started college this year and I'm still in my junior year of high school. Since the first weekend of October, I started talking to my guy best friend a lot and ended up developing feelings for him. He says he likes me too but I don't know...

I have a boyfriend, but I think I'm in love with my best friend. What will I do? [ 4 Answers ]

Help me please. I don't know what to do. I love my boyfriend and I love my best friend, my best friend told me that he is in love with me and today, he decided to let me go because he knew I love my boyfriend but we're no longer bestfriends anymore. What will I do? I don't want him to go. I'm so...

I have a boyfriend but I think I love my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend but I think I love my best friend and he loves me. My parents really like both of them. My boyfriend is going off to college this spring and I just don't know what to do.

In love with my best friend who has a boyfriend. [ 6 Answers ]

OK well this is my first time to really use one of these sites but I thought id give it a try and see what other opinions I can get. OK, there is a girl that I'm completely in love with, but she has a boyfriend, I'm completley in love with her and were best frineds. I met her about a year ago...

View more questions Search