Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellexo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 06:37 PM
    He says he doesn't want a relationship...
    I met him about a month ago, and I knew from the beginning that he wasn't interested in a relationship. I have been single for two and a half years, so I decided not to push it and just have fun because last time I got burned badly.

We have seen each other every weekend since we met and we have slept together a few times, but he's told me he's not always into sleeping with me and wants to know me. He has actually turned me down for sex. He hugs me, kisses me stares at me when I'm not looking. But his actions don't match his words.

He tells me we're friends with benefits but he also says he's not going to go sleep with anyone else, he doesn't talk to other girls. The other night I asked him what was going on, because I was confused and I can't live in confusion, he told me he liked me, that it was nice having someone but he just didn't want to be in a relationship and he is leaving the country in four months anyway. He told me he was sorry and he felt like a ****, and that he didn't know it had gone that far and that we were looking for different things. The next morning he told me he would see me until I didn't want him to anymore.

It sounds to me like he really does want me, but has decided that a relationship is just too much for him to deal with right now. I don't know if it's worth sticking it out and waiting for him or if I'm just being played and I should let go. I haven't been involved with any males in over a year before this and two and a half years since I've had a relationship and myself esteem really took a hit because of it. What should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2012, 10:36 PM
    Figure out what you want, because he knows what he wants and is getting it from you, Sex complicates feelings. Is what you get from him worth what you give him?

Talaniman Rule - Never wait for someone to want you, or settle for less than you want.
    ellexo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 10:52 PM
    I know what I want, but at the same time, I'm content with where we are. It's just his actions vs. his words that's confusing me. I'm a black and white person, and it seems he can live in shades of grey.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2012, 11:25 PM
    He told you from the start, take him at his word. Either your OK with that or not. I think you'd prefer something more, if so get out now. He's not playing you in any way. He's been totally honest. Be honest with yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 08:58 AM
    Its so easy to get in a comfort zone, and want more. That's how it is in FWB relationships. One partner develops stronger feelings, and wants the other to feel the same thing.

And it hurts when they don't. That's why you don't wait for them to change their minds, you go get what makes you happy, and that means taking a chance and getting out of that comfort zone.

I don't think its about black and white, so much as its about being stuck by high hopes, and intense feelings.

You are free to do your own thing at anytime and find someone else to share your benefits with. You don't have to save any for him, unless you want to.

Maybe this upcoming separation is a good thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

Relationship [ 7 Answers ]

I am in my late 30's. I have come from another country and therefore have never known dating etc. I am married with kids. After my last kids was born, I was seeing a doctor for medical purposes regularly. I fought with my husband every day after my kid was born. I was not implementing what the...

What is in a relationship? [ 2 Answers ]

I been with the same man almost an year and half. When he in a bad move he text me and say its over but most of my time is just give him space to think. The last break up I had with him was on February 14, 2009 and I did not see him or talk to him 1 month later he say he miss me and still in love...

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

View more questions Search