Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedboy2333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 04:53 PM
    What's wrong with my relationship?
    My girlfriend is probably the perfect girl. She makes me food and doesn't make me pay for anything and doesn't require much. But I just turned 18 and I'm going off to college and I just don't think I want to be with her anymore. It would be so dumb for me to dump her because she is just so good to me and I do love her and care about her. I can't stand to see her cry when I tell her these feelings but I just don't think I want to be a boyfriend anymore. Some days I feel awesome but some days like this I feel terrible and want to break up. Could there be a problem in my head? I just don't know what to do.
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

Aug 20, 2011, 01:01 AM
    There is nothing wrong with you. You're at a pivotal point in your life right now, a time that most people use to figure themselves out and learn about how they fit into the bigger picture.

I know it sounds selfish but you have to be happy and satisfied with your own life before you share it with someone else. You were lucky to be able to have someone amazing in your life, and it will hurt to lose that. The questions you have to ask yourself are simple - Am I satisfied with where my life is right now? Can I continue to grow and improve my life while maintaining this relationship?

If you can honestly answer yes to those questions, then perhaps you should try to make things work; otherwise, make the best choice for yourself. Even if you stayed together, you may just be postponing the inevitable. And trust me, it's much easier to mutually end a relationship than be forced to go to court for visitation rights ;)

~ Tee
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 20, 2011, 07:29 AM
    There is nothing wrong with you if you are honest with yourself, and can be honest with others also. Sounds like your girl deserves honesty.

So your challenge is how to be honest with her, and grateful for having a good person in your life.
    agh1990 Posts: 40, Reputation: 15

Aug 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
    If you read back your own question you'd probably have your answer.
    You said that you don't want to break up with her because:
    - She makes you food
    - She doesn't make you pay for anything
    - She doesn't require much
    - You can't stand to see her cry.

Are you sure you love and care about her? Or is it that really, you want to be free and single when you go off to college but you don't want to give up being looked after by your girlfriend?

You can't have it both ways, you need to decide. And if you're only with her for the free meals and because you don't want to upset her, then you're not really being fair on her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was I in a relationship with mad girl? Please help what's wrong with her? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone; Well hope someone can help me truly. I was in a relationship with my ex for 5 years and 2,5 years of it we were living together. I met her when she was 17 and I was 21 now she is 22 and I'm 26. In the 5 years she has dumped me 7-8 times out of blue. We never had fights etc......

What's wrong with me ? What's up with my extreme emotions? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just turned 22 and my the world seems totally different from what it used to be. I find myself having "attacks" that are followed by an action my attack can go one of two ways I sometimes get very sad and feel as if no one listens and I start to cry. I usually hold back tears until I am by...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

What's wrong with this [ 5 Answers ]

reet, its meant to tell you if the number that the user inputs is between the range but for some reason it doesn't like it. Any help would be great. import java.util.*; // the package containing Scanner public class Range { public static void main(String args) { Scanner kybd...

What's wrong with me? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is ashley and I always have my period on time. Well latly it has been a little messed up. My sister and sister in law are both pregnant and I had a normal period last month, but before that I had missed for two months. Now recently I had started my period and it was really heavy for...

View more questions Search