Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikababy123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2011, 02:15 PM
    I need help with my belly pierce
    - I just got my nevel pierced and after 3 days it got irritated and it started to get a little bit red... so far what I've been doing is cleaning it every morning and every night before going to bed with the soap I got when I got it pierced.. but my big concern is how many times do I clean it with H2Ocean a day and for how long ? Please help me out because I'm trying to prevent it from getting worse. D:
    Tinkerbell2004 Posts: 49, Reputation: 17

Jul 29, 2011, 01:35 AM
    Depending on the cleanliness of the place you got your naval pierced at, an infection could have been there from the start and the cleaning process may not even help it. If this is the case the only thing that will help is removing the naval ring and allowing it to heal after consulting with a doctor. Other than that make sure you are cleaning it with unscented antibacterial soap around 3-5 times a day. The H2Ocean I had was just a spray can, not sure if that is the same kind you have, but I was told to spray it after every time I cleaned my piercing with antibacterial soap. The H2Ocean is mostly to help the piercing heal quicker.

When I got my naval pierced I followed the instructions for at home care religiously. Sometimes what happens is beyond your control. I ended up with a puss bubble, which I was told is completely normal so do not be scared if this happens. You are going to have to pop it and continue to clean your piercing as much as possible. Don't worry though, I did this and mine healed completely fine. I have had it for nearly seven years now and no issues.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Jul 29, 2011, 02:20 PM
    As Tinkerbell said, it could be the piercing place that actually gave you the infection in the first place with un-sterile equipment. I'd search online and find a reputable piercing/tattoo parlor in your area and go to it and ask their opinion as doctors are quite clueless when it comes to body piercings.

H2Ocean is, from what I've heard can dry the piercing out A lot which is definitely what you don't want if your piercing's already irritated. I suggest using a less concentrated sea salt soak - 1/4 sea salt to 1/2 boiled water from the kettle and left to cool. Use it twice a day as you do with your piercing cleaning regime now.

If your piercing secretes white/clear/light yellow fluid, it's normal, that's your body healing and naturally moisturizing the open wound which is what a piercing essentially is.

Good luck. Ramona.
    Mikababy123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 03:24 PM
    Comment on ramona_'s post
    - Okaay thank you guy.. but I don't think it's the place cause when I went the guy opened a brand new needle disinected my belly and than pierced it... but I think that it was the jewlery because they didn't disinfect that and I know for a fact that many people touched it... :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my belly pierce infected? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced 3 weeks ago, and my skin has darken a little around the pierce and one night I was sleeping facing down and when I woke up and I tried move it around it was hurting a little is this normal??

How should I pierce my belly button? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I kind of want to pierce my belly button! I pierced my nose by myself but I don't know how to? HELP ME?

My belly pierce. [ 2 Answers ]

So last Friday me and ma best friend went to go get our belly pierced and today when I looked at it it looks a little red and swollen and in da bottom is a little white thing I just want to now if its infected or not

Belly button.pierce? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi!! I was wondering WHERE I can get my belly button pierced... and if I need a parent to go with me... bc I'm 16 and I have a sister whose 20... so... do I need a parent to be there? Thank you!! :D

Hoe do I pierce my belly button myself [ 3 Answers ]

OK so my boyfriend is going to pierce my belly for me I was wondering how much skin should be pierce?

View more questions Search