Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    E.Deppers23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 04:34 PM
    In love but should I walk away?
    SO me & my ex broke up 2 months ago, I ended it and a week after realised it was a mistake we fought and had different lifestyles but I love him too much to just give up. But after a week of not seeing each other he said he no longer had feelings for me (he was 'hnaging out' with a friend of a friend as now I have now realised).

I left it for a 2 weeks absoulely no contact, than he calls at 3 am one morning saying he misses asking to have lunch, I met up with him the following night we didn't talk about us though. We text every now and again (twice a week). But every time he gets drunk he things like 'i miss you' ' I miss us and snuggles' and 'I still have feelings for you'.. Last Saturday night he text again saying he wishes we never broke up.. He text on mondayasking if I had been with anyone since us and I better not have as he hasnt'.. I haven't touched another person as I love him deeply.

I messaged him last night asking him does he remember anything he said when he was drunk he said and I quote " i dont remember a thing ey"...

I said don't bother talking to me again, he followed with 'what have I done now?' I said I'm over the mixed signals you say stuff when your drunk than when your sober act as if nothing has happened and I think its best you don't talk to me, all he said back was 'alright if you think that' he hasn't replyed.

I love him but I am right to walk away or should I try one last time to see if he means it or its drunk talk.. but they say drunk words sober thoughts??
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Nov 9, 2010, 04:41 PM

I think you should stick with your decision of ending it. Sounds like he is just playing a game with saying he misses you, then denies it.
    E.Deppers23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 04:57 PM
    Yea looks that way, still bugging me..
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2010, 06:55 AM

Don't believe a word he says when he's drunk. Sure, sometimes a little alcohol lifts the inhibitions, but this is different. He told you when he was straight out sober that he didn't have feelings for you.

You are definitely right to walk away. Indeed, I would consider changing my telephone number to prevent the 3 am calls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want my girlfriend to love me again, I love her but she doesn't love me anymore [ 34 Answers ]

3 moths ago, I broke up with my girlfriend for no reason at all. And for the past 2 months she tried and tried to make me go back to her. But I didn't give her a chance. That was the biggest mistake in my life. And then as time passes, we just don't get along anymore, and I keep pushing her away...

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him [ 13 Answers ]

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him... Because of some misunderstanding and maybe he got bored.. I myself don't know the real reason ... but I still love him... how can I get him back...

Should I walk away? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone first time poster here, I will try and cut this short. Im 24 my girlfriend 25, been together best part of 9 years also have 3 little boys. I feel our relationship is dying, my partner and I have blazing rows when I go to the pub. She phones up my friends telling them to pass...

How to walk away [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to ask a question how do I walk away from a marriage after 13yrs, we have no children, and I am 37yrs old. I am afraid to start over again because he is all I know for 16yrs. But I am so unhappy, and lonely. I really need a connection with someone, I find myself wanting to be alone...

They walk among us. [ 4 Answers ]

*Caution... They Walk Among Us!* *One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone Shouted... 'Look at that dead bird!' Someone looked up at the sky and Said... 'where?? '* **They Walk among us! * ***

View more questions Search