Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amour_amour363 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 27, 2006, 07:56 PM
    Eating Disorder
    Im unsure of what to do anymore.

Just over a year ago I lost a lot of weight, some people might have diagnosed me as anorexic. A lot of things happened, I will not go into detail. I put the weight back on. 6 months ago, due to this issue (and a few others), I lost basically all of my close friends, mostly not through my fault. I will not bore you with the details.

I am pretty sure I have binge eating disorder now. I am struggling so much with my weight, and I am too afraid to weigh myself anymore. I am trying to lose weight (although not healthily) but because I binge things just seem to be going bad.

It feels like there is no way out to lose weight. I have screwed up my metabolism, which sometimes makes me feel like just screw it and don't eat. I do well then binge. Even if I'm not hungry I do it. I don't know how to stop. Does anyone else have this problem or any advise? I would be very grateful
    major_soccer_freak Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Dec 28, 2006, 09:48 PM
    Sometimes in your mind if the food is there you will eat it, try taking a lot of the bad unhealthy foods out of your house and start adding healthy foods. When you feel like you need to binge instead of grabbing a bag of chips grab an apple. Also try eating a full breakfast and lunch and it will make you less hungry in the evening. You just have to train yourself not to grab unhealthy foods, in time you will find yourself automatically grabbing healthy foods over unhealthy foods. Sometimes if you feel good physically you will eat better I find, so keep working out go for walks or jogs and you will begin to feel physically good and maybe you will stop grabbing bad foods.

Hope that helps good luck and happy new year.
    sadiesmom Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Dec 29, 2006, 08:14 AM
    amour, i strongly encourage you to seek professional help. this is not something you need to tackle alone. this is a serious and life threatening disorder! contact a local mental health agency and request a therapist who specializes in eating disorders. people with eating disorders generally attempt to hide this from others. something inside seems to convince them they must keep this a secret and others can't find out about it. This is a LIE! It is crucial that you discuss this with a good psychiatrist and therapist and follow their advice. you took a big step in sharing this with us today. continue in this direction and find your way to safety. keep us posted on your progress.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Dec 29, 2006, 09:37 AM
    As much as I agree with all the responses, my biggest concern is the issues that got you into this mess in the first place. From a psychologist's perspective, I think whatever happened may have resulted in some feeling of worthlessness which is manifesting itself in your diet. You will need to get in touch with a therapist and start talking and hopefully you could take control of you life and not feel dominated by food anymore. Remember, if you need to talk about anything no matter how trivial, we are here for you. The best thing about this site is that no one knows who you are so there is nothing to be ashamed of
    GracieTanner Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 07:53 AM
    Hi, My name is Gracie
    I am 17 years old and when I was 14 I had anorexia. After a year, I could not physically or mentally sustain such a low weight and this became bullimic. This was 10x worse. During this time, I lost many friends, as I was so completely obsessed with my bulimia. Luckily, I am completely recovered now, and would be more then happy to speak with you more about this and offer you all the support you need to overcome your illness.
    GracieTanner Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amour_amour363
    Im unsure of what to do anymore.

Just over a year ago I lost alot of weight, some people might have diagnosed me as anorexic. Alot of things happend, I will not go into detail. I put the weight back on. 6 months ago, due to this issue (and a few others), I lost basically all of my close friends, mostly not through my fault. I will not bore you with the details.

I am pretty sure I have binge eating disorder now. I am struggling so much with my weight, and I am too afraid to weigh myself anymore. I am trying to lose weight (although not healthily) but because I binge things just seem to be going bad.

It feels like there is no way out to lose weight. I have screwed up my metabolism, which sometimes makes me feel like just screw it and dont eat. I do well then binge. Even if im not hungry I do it. I dont know how to stop. Does anyone else have this problem or any advise? I would be very grateful
    Sorry, the other thing I forgot to mention was that when I experienced binge eating disorder, I would tell myself that I was NOT allowed to have this food and I would subsequently binge after starving myself for however long because it was so exciting. How I overcame this was by telling myself that I could eat whatever I wanted, cakes chocolate biscuits and whenever. Now that I was allowed to have it, I didn't particularly want it anymore. It was this way that I was able to maintain a healthy weight, still slim combined with exercise (to adjust my metabolism). For every person, there is a different reason for an eating disorder, so you must address this first if you want to recover physically xo
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 30, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Amour, you can also go to this site, they have a hot line if you need to talk to someone who has experience and knowledge in treatment as well as support.
    TeenCONTACT
    If you are not a teen, I would ask them what other help lines/advice they could offer for an adult.
    MycheleXoXo Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Just wanted to tell u: all these answers are great and have something worth looking into or thinking about... Please do so! And I wanted to let you know, I am here if you ever need to talk.. I've dealt with Eating Disorders for apx. 30 years and it's tuff to go it alone... nothing u say could or would shock me... "been there/done that" type of thing... and I just want u to know u aren't alone... feel free to contact me if u need to talk... I'll be praying for u!
    XoXo
    Mychele

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating Disorder? [ 13 Answers ]

My apologies if I am asking this question in the wrong area as I am not entirely sure where this should be asked. My question is about eating disorders. Can a slightly overweight person be anorexic or bulimic? How do you know if a person has an eating disorder? Any ideas? :confused:

Learning disorder [ 3 Answers ]

I was always had a hard time learning. I had real hard time concentrating, words disappear while I'm reading books with white backgrounds, and it's real frustrating. I just recently got glasses Can anyone recommend ANYTHING to improve and comprehention? I have to tell you that high school...

Eating Disorder, maybe? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 15years old , and am the normal weight for my age . For the past 3 months I've keep being continuously sick in the mornings and in the afternoon, even without eating anything. I've had blood tests done which didn't show anything , but the idea entered my head that I may be making...

Eating disorder [ 8 Answers ]

Has any one suffered from eating disorder? I have eatind disorder since I was 17.actually I have no idea what I have exactly, one day I woke up so bloated and I can smell the food from last night in my stomach and from that day regular meals like 3 times a day makes me bloated like I am 6 months...

Blood disorder [ 2 Answers ]

I was diagnoised last year with "drug induced TTP" a month later I was in the hospital with a blood clot. I have been getting my PT INR blook test every 6 weeks but the results are going to my primary doctor. Does anyone know what kind of doctor I would be best have following my case?

View more questions Search