Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candybaby9 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2008, 01:43 PM
    do i stay or do i go?
    me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 2 1/2 years, engaged at one point but not now. He's 20 and I'm 19. There are so many things about him that I don't like and can't stand, but I really do love him. There are some things I like about him but NOT his ADHD, he has it to the MAX and it so annoying. But sometimes if I'm not around him I miss it. But a lot of the time I'm really not happy and other times I am. I guess its just a love hate relationship? But I kind of don't want that, sometimes I feel like I can do better and other times I don't.I don't know if anyone who's reading this is into astrology but he's a libra and I'm a scorpio. As you can tell, not a great match, and I believe in astrology, but not to the point that it runs my life. This past summer I broke up with him because I was just tired of his b.s.. I had a great time being single. I hung out with a lot of guys just as friends. I reunited with my girl best friend of 3 years and we had a lot of fun together. I got a new job and I met this absolutely sexy guy. We started hanging out, first at the club, then with his friends, we smoked together at our houses almost everyday, on the lake on his friends boat and I spent the night with him a couple times. We kissed all the time and I reallyyyyyy liked his personalty, he was so much more chill than my ex. Most of all he's a capricorn, my perfect match! And he's 3 years older than me which I like.. I really liked hanging out with him. At the beginning he texted me everyyyyyy day wanting to smoke.and when we first started hanging out we were texting and he said that he wasn't looking for a relationship. But at the end of the summer me and my ex got back together and lately I've just been getting more and more miserable and allllllllllll, literally ALL I can think about is the other guy. I haven't talked to him in a couple months and I always just want to text him randomly and just go hang out with him. I'm scared to break up with my boyfriend because I'm scared to be alone, I have no idea what I would do without him . What if me and the other guy don't work out? Should I take the chance? Should I not break up with my boyfriend and sneak around? Will these feelings pass? I don't know please help!
    helpnow Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Sep 24, 2008, 01:58 PM

Put yourself in his shoes... if he was feeling this way I'm sure you'd rather he end it than to waste your time. It may not work out with him or the other guy... but that really isn't the point. Obviously you and your current boyfriend aren't working out so stop being selfish and consider what is best for both of you.
    Doomkitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 01:59 PM

I think that that you should just break up with your BF because if one of you guys are miserable, it'll just make the other one miserable too... and besides, a one sided love always turns out messy in the end... break up with him.. it's WAAY better than him finding out himself in the end >_>
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

Sep 24, 2008, 02:30 PM

You should take a chance. It sounds like you are eager to see what else is out there. Don't settle for something you think might work out, take a chance with something new. p.s. I do believe in horocopes. I'm a leo and my ex wasa scorpio, and it's funny because in the beginning I had issues with that I would always joke with him how I never date scorpios. He wondered why.. it's because you guys have two sides some times and can turn a direction 360 out of no where! Not you... lol... but that's what my opinion is.
    Go with your gut.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 02:43 PM

I don't believe in Astrology, its fun though but I'll say, step back from both. You can't be with your BF while thinking about the other guy. Be honest to him and ask his input. It will hurt but at least you are honest. You can walk around with your head help up high.
    kminni01 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Sep 24, 2008, 02:52 PM

Don't just be with your current boyfriend because you don't want to hurt his feelings because that's not fair to him. If they're your friends then they should till be your friends even if you break up with your boyfriend. If they ditch you then they're not you friends... get new ones. But don't do that to yourself. Live your life.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 24, 2008, 04:45 PM

Put the astrology books away.

Put your glasses on and study how being with your old BF actually benefits your life. You convinced me in 15 seconds it's going nowhere, can't you convince yourself?

Just make a decision about the ex and act on it like a grownup. Being a grownup means MAKING CHOICES. That includes choices you don't want to make, that includes sacrifices you'd rather not make... you still have to choose.

Don't make the choice based on whether there's some new guy in the wings or not, bad bad bad bad reason. You break it off because you can't see yourself living with this guy for 60 years... EXACTLY LIKE HE IS TODAY. That's the only thing you decide on.

Welcome to adult life.

Once you've closed the book on the ex, then date, anyone you want. Keep it calm, don't make life-changing mistakes during these between times and you'll be fine. The other guy... whatever... go out with him or not. It doesn't matter. You're not at a serious place with him yet, so don't force things in your mind.
    natnaude Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2008, 12:51 PM

You should deffenitly break up with him you're your not happy. But if you can imagine spending 60 years with him and you actually do love him stay. It's your choice I hope the one you pick is the right one. Good luck!
    ntbntb78 Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Sep 25, 2008, 01:01 PM

Break up but be ''like we can still hang out''

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I tell her? Should we stay? [ 34 Answers ]

I need help. My wife and I have been married for 2 years/together for 4 total. My wife just finished grad school so we decided to move to a different state to start our "real" life. About 3 months ago she blows me out of the water with "I don't think we are happy together and I don't know if we...

Tv will not stay on [ 1 Answers ]

Sylvania tv/dvd/ht less than a year old will not stay on. When power is turn on screen is black and shows digital TV but will disconnect on its own

Stay together or not? [ 11 Answers ]

Im almost 16, and my boyfriend is 17 we have been together for 10months now, we were great at first, then things went down hill. About 3 months ago we sorted everything out, but he has NO trust for me. He deleted all male numbers from my mobile phone, my myspace, and argued with me if I spoke with...

Should I stay or go [ 4 Answers ]

After trust issues and lack of communication between my boyfriend and I, and decided to go away from the relationship. We were together for two and half years, we got engaged and started begging our life together. Evething was going perfect until he started forgetting about me he'll come from work...

View more questions Search