Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Sep 16, 2008, 01:51 PM
    How do you know truly when you are in Love, or when someone is in love with you?
    Through my experience with falling in love. The relationships that I have experienced never lasted long at all because the girl that I fell in for started feeling like she really loved me then through time they changed and eventually fall off.

I've only fell in love with only 3 people. I am 23yrs old. You know? I mean I am a down-to-earth guy who likes to have fun, see places, likes the finer things in life. I am intelligent, talented, respectful, and a gentleman. Not a bad looking guy either. I just don't understand why I haven't had a relationship that has lasted longer than several months!

Maybe I am just falling for the wrong type of females or what? The thing in common about the 3 females that I did fall in love with were all between the age of 18-20.

So how do I know when I am really in Love with someone and how do I know when someone is in Love with me for real? Not infactuation!! HELP ME!!
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Sep 16, 2008, 03:26 PM
    To love and be in love are different. You know your in love when there is no doubt in your mind that you want to spend the rest of your life with her and it makes you ecstatic.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Nothing wrong with infatuation. It's a perfectly legitimate way to start an interest in someone.

Stop being so analytical. You're not doing anything WRONG by having a relationship end. That just means you're doing it RIGHT. You're supposed to date people you like until you discover it can't/won't last forever... and move on... try again.

It's a simple and straightforward process, as long as you don't add a bunch of self-doubt. You're doing fine.

You could work on enjoying the process more and trying not to feel fatalistic when the next one ends. It's supposed to end. The only one that won't end is the last one... the girl you can't stop finding ways to be good to, and who (for some strange reason) keeps finding ways to make your life better.

That takes a long time to find. In the meantime, enjoy the hunt.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Love your reply JBeaucaire!!
    Learnfrommyways Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 04:35 PM
    I think when you really know that some one likes you or falls in love with you,you see them near you most of the time,or always taking a glance at you.Either way maybe also they would want to talk to you.But hey what you said about you should have girls waiting in line,and I would be in that line but I'm taken big time.Also hey you'll know and just keep looking,If your really desparate go to e-harmeny.com God knows I think its stupid but if your desperate.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 07:09 PM
    So how do I know when I am really in Love with someone and how do I know when someone is in Love with me for real? Not infactuation!!
    Before I start, half the marriages today, and most relationships fail. When I say that, it just means most of us go through many relationships before we find ourselves in a long term one, that seems to work.

Stop looking, and just enjoy the process, and accept when people change their minds, and move on. Yeah it hurts like the d-i-c-kens, when it doesn't work, but that's just life, and its up to you to deal with it.

That will be the key to your whole life, How you deal with life!!!
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Sep 16, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Im not desperate, and I don't have girls waiting in line. Its just after thinking about everything. Just have to ask myself am I doing something wrong because my last relationship that I wrote a post on was a surprise to me so it made me question myself. You know?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 17, 2008, 05:07 AM
    While you regroup, and rebuild, you will feel better, and be more confident as you succeed, and have things you enjoy, and activities that make you happy. That's the challenge, being happy with yourself, and the life you lead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Real love or puppy love [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

Who sings I love to love you baby [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings I love to love you baby

How could this Happen So fast? Love me and then love another? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi This is my exgirlfriend responses in the last weeks I was with here for 4 years the guy she cheated with and she is still with since November 26 2007, He just inherited a large sum of money almost a half of million his mother died and she gets what ever she needs and wants. He is so good to...

View more questions Search