Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bethsbaby2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Wanting to conceive
    My boyfriend and I want to have a baby more than anything. Are there any helpful tips to follow? We've tried just about everything! He's out of town a lot for business so we don't get a lot of time to "try".
    junsmai Posts: 25, Reputation: -1

Aug 24, 2008, 07:56 AM
    There are some great ovulation kits in your local pharmacy such as wallgreens, duane reade , rite aid etc. They tell you when your ovulating and that's the best time to get pregnant. Also try drinking prenatal vitamins, it gets you strong and healthy for a pregnancy it has folic acid and other vitamins. Good Luck
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 25, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Great post above! If you follow a healthy diet and take your vitamins you'll soon get pregnant.good luck
    jayxnderwood Posts: 5, Reputation: -2

Aug 25, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Get to bed on the 14 day after your once a month. Try to squieeze everything out of him as many times as possibe. If that don't work try a donor sperm.
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Aug 25, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayxnderwood
    Get to bed on the 14 day after your once a month. try to squieeze everthing outta him as many times as possibe. If that don't work try a donor sperm.

Donor sperm. Bit drastic don't u think
    jayxnderwood Posts: 5, Reputation: -2

Aug 25, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda-kym
    donor sperm. bit drastic dont u think
    Not if the guys infertile
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayxnderwood
    not if the guys infertile
    And how do you know he is infertile?
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Aug 26, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    And how do you know he is infertile?
    Exactly. She mentioned that he works away a lot and it can take a while to get pregnant. Me and my partner were trying for a year.
    I would recommend the ovulation kits so you know what the best times to conceive are
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Apparently since he is out of town a lot, you are missing the prime ovulation time. Once that egg is released from the ovary it is only viable for pregnancy for only 24 hours. It's a miracle any of us get pregnant, LOL.

Anyway, how long have you been trying? It takes the average healthy couple up to a year of actively trying before becoming pregnant.

Start taking your prenatal vitamins now. This will help prevent birth defects such as spina bifida that occur early in pregnancy, many times before the woman even knows she is pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive [ 1 Answers ]

I heard a rumor that geritol can increase the chances of getting pregnant. Is this true? I thought geritol was for senior citizens.:confused: :confused:

I want to conceive! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying for a year to get pregnant, but for some reason I haven't. I went to the doctor in August to make sure everything was OK because I hadn't gotten pregnant and my dr. said everything was normal. I don't know if I should get another dr's opinion... I know me and my fiancée are able...

Trying to conceive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... my boyfriend and I are Trying to conceive and my question is... I started my last period on Aug 19th and we had sex three times one day when I was ovulating and a few times before the last period... Since then I have been having drainage from my vagina. It started clear then turned yellowish...

When did I conceive? [ 4 Answers ]

If my due date is November 15, 2007 when did I actually get pregnant. What is the time frame from which I conceived?

Trying To Conceive [ 1 Answers ]

My Menstral Starts About Every 26 Days,the First Day The Blood Is Dark Brown Then Really Red Does This Mean I'm In Early Menopause, I'm 37 Yrs Old

View more questions Search