Here's some tips and tricks to move on:
1. Abstain from any contact and that means no texts, calls, IMs, facebook msgs, twitter msgs, "accidentally" bumping into each other, etc. If you know he's at an event then at this stage I'd suggest not attending.
2. Accept the fact that you two aren't meant to be. Do you really want to love someone that doesn't love you back?? Maybe you really do love him however I'm a firm believer that love is founded on reciprocity.
3. Make a list of all the qualities you want in a bf and another list of all the things you didn't like about him, how he fell short, what he did to wrong you and what you want to do better in your next relationship. Next time you feel sad and melancholy read your lists.
4. Get involved in other activities, hobbies, interests and try to meet new friends.
5. Spend time with friends and family that do love and care for you.
6. Realize that you're amazing, wonderful, whole and incredible just as you were before he came into your life. Self-confidence is sexy as hell.
7. Resolve to move on.
8. Don't seek out information on what he's doing and who he is seeing.
9. If you do run into him or the friend carry a positive, friendly attitude and say hello but don't get too involved in conversation.
10. "I was blinded by him being mean"....enough said. Do you really want an a$$hole as a bf. NO!!