She cheated on me after 5 yrs of relationship. But I still want her I' am a fool?

Asked Mar 4, 2007, 05:02 AM 23 Answers
    Hello People,
    I would love anyone to jump in here and help me. I have been with this girl for 5 years. We were in love and were living together, and I was planing on proposing to her this June -- on her B-Day, and then this January I woke up one day and my life has completely changed. This girl told me she was going out with her friend one Saturday night, and I said on fine. When she went out, she didn't even call until she came back the following day in the afternoon. I was angry and asked her why she didn't even call me, and she just rolled her eyes. I was going out before she came home so I asked her to think about what we can do to fix that because I don't want to feel violated because I say it's cool to go out, I trusted her. I was on my way to my friend's house when she called me by saying, guess what I'm leaving you. She left me that day and she never came back. I was so destroyed, when I asked why she's doing that, she simply said she was never happy with me, she also said I love you, but I'm not in love with you... Ok, how come you never told me that before? I asked her... come to find out she met someone on myspace and she went to bed with that night. A couple days later when I asked her about it... she didn't deny it.. she simply walked away... and told me, don't ever call me anymore because I'm not even your friend or your sweetie [I call her sweetie ] I love this girl folks and I trusted her... I basically made her a woman. I gave her everything , because I thought we were building a family. I kept calling her after she left trying to make sense out of everything , but she went crazy and started telling hurtful things. So I started to leave her alone. After a month of no call or communication, I called her to schedule lunch she accepted my invitation, at the luch table, I didn't mention any relationship talk, but the following day she IM and she said "I'm not a you can always call me call me for anything"... "we have 5 yrs of history, you will always be part of my life etc..." I love this girl folks and I want her back. I'm willing to Forgive her because of our 5 years relationship but don't know I'm being too nice to her. Also don't know how to classifiy her authorisation of calling her or IM her. Is she playing with my emotions or she wants to come back?

PS. Last time I checked her new dude site her latest comment " em, em (K)(K)(K)" I'm going crazy... folks please advice me , please!

Like I said It has been almost 2 months since she left, I now have been talking to her again, but don't know how to get her back.. she answers my calls, my IM , but she doesn't call me for anything. Please help folks, how to get this girl back?

Any advice would help... Thanks

Last edited by Ardo; Mar 4, 2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Rephrase the title
    Geoffersonairplane's Avatar
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286

#11

Mar 4, 2007, 07:00 AM
    This woman in no way deserves your friendship at this time.
    Geoffersonairplane's Avatar

#12

Mar 4, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    The answer is no she is not coming back. Why do you want somebody back that caused you so much heartache?

Everybody has had good advice for you, please take it and learn from this experience.

Joe
    The first 2 lines of what Joe wrote here are very important for you Ardo.
    moomin007's Avatar
    moomin007 Posts: 158, Reputation: 33

#13

Mar 4, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Its OK to feel sad Ardo, it shows you have loved in the first place.

Its also OK to feel afraid... afraid for the future, uncertainty about how you will cope on your own, afraid to committing to someone else in case it happens again.

There are lots of emotions going thorugh your system which (happily) we don't encounter in our everyday lives.
    Its all part of living, loving, losing, leaving.

Start No Contact now. You WILL get through it. You will begin to live for yourself again. You may even find a new love
    Jiser's Avatar
    Jiser Posts: 1,247, Reputation: 276

#14

Mar 4, 2007, 09:24 AM
    You have your friends, family. I find the best point of the day is when I am doing sports or at the gym working out. Get such a high, all those endorphines flowing through

1) No contact please, how can you expect to think clearly if you are both talking still

2) Try to move on, friendship might be on the books when you finally recover, who knows what the future holds

3) It is clear she does not want to be with you anymore, so leave off her and find someone better

Good luck
    Geoffersonairplane's Avatar

#15

Mar 4, 2007, 09:40 AM
    The title of this thread is "Is my ex - coming back?" Ask yourself Ardo that in time, would the question perhaps change to "Would I really want the ex back?"
    Ardo's Avatar
    Ardo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

#16

Mar 4, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    Thanks for your incessant light sheding words. I'm starting to make a decision.
    Geoffersonairplane's Avatar

#17

Mar 4, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardo
    No problem.. Come back if you need to Vent, if you are feeling down and need some people to talk to. Sometimes it can be hard to talk to the people around you!

Also, please remember to give yourself time to grieve.. You have a process to go through that unfortunately is a long and painful one but you will become stronger.
    valinors_sorrow's Avatar
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653

#18

Mar 4, 2007, 01:16 PM
    This is really worth a close look. What Geoff said here is exactly where you will need to end up naturally. It takes time but it's a lot like getting fired from a job. At some point you realise it was for the best because you didn't really fit in there to begin with and now you are free to find where you do fit in. So you pick up yourself esteem from the sidewalk, dust it off and say, "Well, her loss!" and move on. No one in their right mind would want someone who doesn't want them. And none of us have the power to tell another who to want or not want. So accept that she doesn't want you and let it go. Anything else only stalls the inevitable and increases your pain.
    LBP's Avatar
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

#19

Mar 4, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Everyone has given great advice!

But I'd also tell you this... It's quite obvious that this woman thought you had no spine, no character to speak of... She clearly assumes she can walk all over you and you'll come running back, asking for more. Do you think that this is the first time in five years that she's cheated on you?

I bring this up only because of your reactions to being so hideously disrespected... I mean, it doesn't even sound like she enjoysd your company... That she's using your abundance of affection to make herself feel good and for no other reason.

Time to man up my friend - that means when you get slapped in the face, don't ask what you did wrong unless you REALLY did do wrong. You've been getting nothing but crap from this girl and it's time to shut the door and FAST. DO NOT RESPOND TO HER MESSAGES IF SHE MESSAGES YOU (I think at some point she will). Cut her from your life completely. All this woman (more like an immature girl) did was turn you into an amoeba with no life, no character and no courage.

You need to take those things back for yourself, to grow up and become a man again, a man that women want and men want to hang out with. Remember to look after yourself and to not take this crap from anyone, especially from the person you're in a relationship with...

When you said she went out and never called you and then rolled her eyes at you when you were upset... MAN! I got angry just reading it! Don't let people do this to you ever again. Call the shots and sit in the driver's seat - the first step is going NC with this girl and not stopping EVER. She's dead to you, my friend - the sooner it happens the better.
    JDOP's Avatar
    JDOP Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

#20

Mar 4, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Many of us have gone through what you're going through. Although I must say that your story is the most appaling I have heard here.

The answer is: yes, you are a fool if you are still attempting to win her back. She will not come back and if she does come back then you should not take her back. This woman represents heartache. Leave her alone - completely. Try not to think about it and occupy yourself with other stuff and people.
    I bet that in a few months she will come to you, begging for forgiveness. She is not to be forgiven. What she did is wrong and mean. She is a cheater and a liar. Do not call her, ever again. Your goal in life for now should be about getting over her, which you will.
    Good luck

Why does she keep coming back [ 11 Answers ]

I started dating a girl in October. The first three weeks went well but after that everything went down hill. We would always argue and break up and get back together, it was crazy. We both have treated treated really badly at times. But neither one of us can let go of the other one exspecially...

An ex coming back [ 20 Answers ]

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been really busy with school and work. For those of you who don't remember, a little while back I was pretty messed up about my girlfriend of 2 years dumping me a little while after she started living at school (even though it was only like an hour...

Air coming back up in kitchen sink [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I live in an 18 story apartment building, on the 2nd floor. My kitchen sink seems to be bringing up air. Basically, approximately 2 - 3 times a day, at different times, I will get air coming back up from the drain, which will in turn bring up whatever is in the turn pipe. The air also...

Why does she keep coming back? [ 3 Answers ]

Is he thinking of coming back? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 4yrs and I, just moved from Florida to Tennessee 6mos ago. Everything was going well, planning a new life. We both got jobs and we rented a nice home near the mountains. Ken was offered a manager position and accepted it, and now things were changing. He started worked double shifts...