My ex boyfriend cheated on me and I still love and miss him so much!

Asked Apr 23, 2012, 06:11 PM 14 Answers
    What should I do? It was a long distance relationship and this was his second chance. I caught him again I went on his FB and noticed he had a girlfriend. He told me that he loved me with all his heart and he would never ever cheat on me. We haven't talked in a week and I'm dying. I miss him ! I even texted him to apologize and everything but he doesn't text back, he even sent me pics of his new girl and him kissing. Is karma real? When is he going to realize what he lost :"(

Last edited by talaniman; Sep 21, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Jasmin5help's Avatar
    Jasmin5help Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

#2

Apr 23, 2012, 06:56 PM
    Well Obviously if he cheated on you TWICE he isn't worth it an you should find someone better because you deserve it he isn't right for you... Im not saying you cant work it out but U shouldn't be saving him a space in your heart if he isn't making an effort to stay
    Do u understand me or am I confusing you
    none12345's Avatar
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234

#3

Apr 23, 2012, 07:13 PM
    What you should do is disconnect all ties with him, don't talk to him anymore and move on with your life.
    Jasmin5help's Avatar
    Jasmin5help Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

#4

Apr 23, 2012, 07:41 PM
    None12345 is right you should just forget the fact that he hurt you and move on you need to find a guy that messes upp your lipstick not your mascara
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 47,047, Reputation: 10288
    Senior Family & People Expert

#5

Apr 23, 2012, 11:14 PM

What's wrong with this picture? He gets caught cheating TWICE, has a girl friend, and you are texting HIM to apologize for everything? That's sick.

I have two words for you, LOSE THE LOSER, and get over this desperate need for punishment. Never contact him again, never let him contact you, and never let a guy play you this way ever again.

Let karma get even for you, he will get his for his cruelty.
    Hopeful2012's Avatar
    Hopeful2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

#6

Apr 24, 2012, 08:23 AM
    I'm in a similar boat. A week after I had spent a lovely weekend with my boyf of 2 years and he had been telling me he loved me, etc, I found evidence he had cheated on a night out. He initially denied it then sent me an email confession. I didn't hear from him again save for when I contacted him after a week of no contact after that email to say What the heck and he told me he wanted out. That was 3 months ago. It has taken all my willpower not to phone him or text him etc because I take the view that as the injured party I shouldn't be the one chasing after him or fighting for him. If I got him back that way, I would always feel that he would have free rein to repeat the shoddy behaviour and that I would be a total doormat. I feel wretched though. He hasn't contacted me. I keep thinking even after all these months why hasn't he realised his error in losing me and why isn't he fighting for me, for us, etc?
    BUT
    If he does realise what he has lost, he is a coward for not even trying to reconcile. He will be sad and lonely, unable to cope with any difficult emotional situation by doing anything other than disappearing.
    If he doesn't realise what he has lost, then he is a loser who shows no respect for others/abiltity to commit/honesty by professing love one minute and cheating the next and he will cheat again and again. His relationships will always suffer.
    Neither scenario makes for an attractive prospect for the future.

It does get easier with time. I have been keeping busy, not turning down any invitations, going out with friends, arranging trips, etc. To begin with, every night out felt like it was missing something and I'd wind up in tears. But then there was the odd occasion when actually the odd day or night out was just as much fun as it would have been had he been there, if not more. And then the fun times became more regular. Now it's just the times when I am alone and bored that I find myself wondering/being sad about him. I imagine/hope soon they too will pass.

No one is immune from this sort of heartbreak- talk to friends, they'll have been there and will be able to help you see the light. Beyonce's chune 'Best thing I never had' will begin to ring true. You dodged a bullet!!
    Girl15's Avatar
    Girl15 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#7

Apr 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
    @talaniman -I know carma will get him real bad,but he seems so happy with his new girl ,that it even hurts me I want him to suffer . I'm trying my hardest to forget him to,it's just that I fell to hard for him );

@hopeful2012- this is just too hard for me,but we just have to keep our heads up. <3

@none12345-I'm trying to forget him and move on with my life but it's just hard .
    mmresd's Avatar
    mmresd Posts: 1,978, Reputation: 551

#8

Apr 25, 2012, 11:36 AM
    End the relationship, no point in continuing something with someone who is already involved.
    Girl15's Avatar
    Girl15 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#9

Apr 25, 2012, 11:39 AM
    @jasmin5help-yes I understand you,but we even talked about getting married and having kids together and he was going to move in,but now everything went down the drain. I'm just stuck ); I'm done contacting him though ,at least I'm going to feel better about myself for apologizing ,but he never texted back after that? What does that mean ,if he didn't text back ?

Is karma (what goes around comes back around ) real ?
    none12345's Avatar
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234

#10

Apr 25, 2012, 11:53 AM
    Why does it matter? What goes on in your ex's life is none of your business anymore and you should try to heal and move on.

My boyfriend cheated, but I miss him. Should I take him back? [ 9 Answers ]

My ex with whom I broke up with about 2 weeks ago, we were together for 2 months, but have known each other for a year, but were just friends because I was with someone. But he always told me he was in love with me, and wanted to be with me, so when the opportunity arose I gave him a chance. ...

My boyfriend cheated but I still love him [ 6 Answers ]

We have been dating for 4 yrz.He cheated on me twice with diffent people, he wanted to leave me for the second one but when I decided to let him go he changed his mind, begged me and promised he was a changed man. I am struggling to trust him and I'm also very insecure. I just want to make this...

He cheated.. And I miss him... how can I make a revange? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey so I had a boyfriend for one year and a half I'm in Doha he's in Lebanon.. he cheated on me... We broke up like 9 months ago.. he's still on my mind... I want to make a revange! He broke up with her and went to another girl... he's still with her... I really am going crazy! Help please

He cheated and I miss him.I know he loved me. Please help. [ 40 Answers ]

After a year of relationship I discovered he lied and cheated on me. But I know he loved me. He is from Cuba, I hear that Cuban guys often act like that. I forgave him inside myself, but he thinks I am still broken and he doesn't get in touch, as I think he has some respect and wants me to move on....