It was a stupid lie but I have no idea why he even did it. Ive asked him and he doesn't know either. I asked who'd text him and called him (after noticing the name and number wasn't one I'd seen before) and he told me it was his dad responding late to a message he'd sent. When I confronted him about why he'd lied and said it was his dad when I know full well it wasn't, because it had been a girls name on the screen not the word 'Dad'. He told me he was embarrassed because it's a friend who's older than him, female, who's been asking him for relationship advice.
I don't understand how that would embarrass him, if he was just being a good friend then why would he tell me it was his dad and create a back story to it?
I know it was a stupid thing for him to do, and I know he loves me. I want to believe him, as I've spoken to the woman and it was true what he'd said about her asking his advice. But when I look at him my heart sinks and I don't feel like he's the same guy anymore. He says something to me now and in my head I question it.
I don't know what to do, I want to make it work and I don't wants something so stupid and small to cause everything to end. Help...