My boyfriend has suddenly gone off sex?

Asked May 10, 2012, 01:04 PM 7 Answers
    Okay so I've recently just moved in with my boyfriend before this we use to have sex every single day he's only just turned 23 and I'm 19 he's suddenly just lost interest in me and every time I ask him why he doesn't want to he just says that he is tired yet his routine hasn't changed?

I'm beginning to think he's cheating on me I've mentioned it as a joke but he went mad and said how could he possibly have time to do that but other days he would joke about cheating on me. Since we have moved in he just pretends that I'm not there and the only time he asks me to do stuff is to make him tea or something any ideas of what could be happening or what I should do I'm quite a shy girl and I've never think of myself as attractive but this is making me feel so much worse

Last edited by talaniman; May 10, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 16,531, Reputation: 2335

#2

May 10, 2012, 01:41 PM
    Who knows, but him? He could be the kind of guy who likes the chase, not knowing what you might be doing when he's not around, and it turned him on. Now he's 'got' you and he's lost interest. It could be he isn't used to living with someone, especially a woman. It could be he's modeling himself after his parents now, who barely speak except when his dad asks for tea.
    I'd tell him you were happier living apart! I realize moving is a huge hassle, but I'd at least start looking into it. It's much worse to have to beg for the smallest crumb of attention and affection.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 47,067, Reputation: 10290
    Senior Family & People Expert

#3

May 10, 2012, 08:39 PM

Lack of sex is generally a symptom of problems in other areas of the relationship, and if you take it personally, you will never find out what it is. How long had you been together before moving in? Do you both work?

Lust fades, love grows, it just takes a steady dose of honest communications from you both.

Are you in a social rut?
    Irisheyes13's Avatar
    Irisheyes13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#4

May 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Yea we both work I have two part time jobs and he works full time we've only moved in together a few weeks ago we have been together for just over two years
    talaniman's Avatar
    Senior Family & People Expert

#5

May 11, 2012, 02:05 PM

Expect positive changes to take time as you both get adjusted to your new arrangements. Takes some time.
    Irisheyes13's Avatar
    Irisheyes13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#6

May 11, 2012, 02:07 PM
    Thank you il keep you's updated to see if there are any changes to his attitude
    mmresd's Avatar
    mmresd Posts: 1,978, Reputation: 551

#7

May 11, 2012, 04:17 PM
    It definitely takes some adjusting to the change of scenery. Give him some time, I would highly recommend for you to ask him what is going on though, only he knows.
    jmjoseph's Avatar
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,729, Reputation: 1244

#8

May 11, 2012, 04:43 PM
    It sounds like the "new" has worn off in your relationship. Mix it up. Make him WANT you.

We always think the worst. We always let our minds wander.

Be careful. Good luck.

Boyfriend has lived with me for 3 years now suddenly the new landlord wants us out [ 17 Answers ]

Can my landlord kick me out if my boyfriend has lived with me for 3 years? I've lived in the same apartment for 6 years. My boyfriend moved in with me three years ago. My landlord has had knowledge of this the entire time. Suddenly, I get a 3-Day notice to quit for having an unauthorized...

Why is my military boyfriend suddenly shutting me out? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi ladies! So I met my man on eharmony a few months back while he was in Iraq and he recently came back home to Hawaii... I live in philadelphia :-P. We started really slow, because we knew there were some obstacles, but despite that, we fell hard for each other, and became sweethearts before he...

Me and my boyfriend were together for 3years but suddenly we broke up. [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend were together for 3years but suddenly we broke up a few days back.and the reason he gave was that I did not gave importance to him in our relationship.but it was never so although I was pretty dominant.I still love him and cant get out of it.is there anyway that I can get back...

My Boyfriend of 5 1/2 years has suddenly decided he is not sure he is in love with me [ 15 Answers ]

Hi Guys and Gals, I shall try my best to keep this short and to the point as I know it must be boring trying to read a long and convuluted post. I got told on Friday 25/9 by my boyfriend of 5 and 1/2 years that he wanted a "break" where we would still be together so to speak but not see each...

Perimenopausal and suddenly bleeding after sex [ 1 Answers ]

I just turned 45, I've been perimenopausal for 2+ years, but suddenly (the last 2 months) after sex, I'll start bleeding- not just spotting, but its as if having sex triggers my period to start early (as much as 2 weeks). I am overdue for my PAP, but I've never had an abnormal one in the past, and...