Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 10, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Publishing a recipie book
    I have composed a lot of my own recipies , but now would like to publish a free recipie book. How do I go about this and how much will the costs be ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 10, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Putting it into a PDF and allow it to be downloaded free from a website.

Also you can research Vanity Press.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Book Publishing FAQ This website may help. If you are planning on composing a book and giving it away for free you could put together recipe books that are home made... kind of like a scrapbook.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Putting it into a PDF and allow it to be downloaded free from a website.

Also you can research Vanity Press.
    This would be the least expensive way to go, since people would then be able to print it out using their own paper and ink.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2007, 10:37 PM
    If I were to make something like this and wanted to give people physical copies of my book, then I would format it into a word processing program like Microsoft Word. I would determine the sizes of the pages that I would want and format the document accordingly. I would then use the more cost-efficient laser printers for printing. If I wanted the book to have some durability so that it could be used better in a kitchen, then I would have both the front and back covers laminated. I would then have the books bound in plastic binding combs, (please see Bookbinding, Binding Coil, Wire, Plastic, Spiral Metal Bind, for pictures of plastic binding combs.) The actual binding could be done by myself, because I would find a friend who has access to plastic binding equipment. This kind of binder can be found in offices as well as maybe a place like Kinkos.

The final cost that would be incurred would depend on how many books were printed, covers laminated and books bound.

I think that your idea is great to publish your own recipes! This can be a really nice thing to hand down in a family as well as to share with friends!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Just be sure to proofread all the recipes and make sure all the ingredient amounts are correct!

It's a terrific idea!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Publishing a book [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about 95% complete with my book. I have written it to sell. It's over 72,000 words. What is the best format (Font, size, spacing) to convert my Word document for sending to publishers and book agents. Anybody know a good agent?

Publishing a coloring book [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in self publishing a coloring book. I am not an artist though. I have many ideas and will have to hire someone to do the graphics. Any suggestions on how to get started. I have searched for info on the web and cannot find anything on how to publish a coloring book. The only...

Looking for tuna roll recipie [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a site where I could find a tuna roll recipie, please?

Publishing [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get books published and how much it costs? My wife is writing children's books.

Publishing a book [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get published inexpensively? What are the best publishing companies?

View more questions Search