Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oxashybabyxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 04:05 PM
    Roommate's attempt to terminate co-signed lease
    My roommate backed out of our co-signed lease two weeks before the lease's commencement. Can she force me to find or accept a subletter or is she still liable to pay her half the rent?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2006, 04:30 PM
    It is likely that the two of you are responsible for the rent "jointly and severally". If you cannot afford to pay the rent by yourself I'd talk to the landlord about getting out of it... unless you do know someone who would take her place (and in that case you'd also need the landlord's permission).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who keeps the orignal signed lease agreement [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a landlord(Lessor) of a rental property. The tenant/Lessee had asked for the original signed signature page of the lease agreement. Should I give them the orignal signed signature page or give them a photocopy of the signed signature page? Thanks in advanced.

AZ. Terminate Probation Early [ 6 Answers ]

I was sentenced to 3 years probation for a misd charge in Arizona/Maricopa County/Scottsdale City Court. I was told by my probation officer that I could get off after 18 months. My 18 months is up and my probation officer said she would not contest. What do I need to do? Forms, motions,...

Roommate's dog but my dog [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved in with my new roommate (we were co-workers) and we both have a dog. Within a week, her dog bit mine. This was a few days ago... and I am not sure if I should take him to the vet... I have been putting hydrogen peroxide on it daily... and still bubble white after days of cleaning...

Lease signed and not moved in [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I signed the leasing documents with an apartment on July 16'th for one year and the move in date was August 1'st. I have a situation where I may have to go to my home country for sometime because of my fathers health condition and I am leaving on August 12'th. I am not sure...

Notice To Terminate [ 7 Answers ]

I'm new to this fourm so I'm not sure if I'm posting this on the right thread. If not if someone can redirect me that would be great. We are in a house that we have been renting. It started as a buy. The escrow was for 90 days and the owners were renting the house to us until the escrow closed....

View more questions Search