Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shar0477 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Adding my name to the house deed
    I've been married and living in our home for 7 years, yet my name is still not our house deed. Whenever I question my husband about it, he states adding my name to the deed alone will weaken his credit rating (I do not have a lot of established credit), and he has no intentions of adding my name to any of our assets. Is this true? I thought this would only apply if he were adding my name to the mortgage loan.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 30, 2007, 10:48 AM
    I think that your husband is ill informed, or being less than honest with you. You each have your own separate credit file with each bureau. If you are added to the deed to your home, it will have NO effect on his credit. You might check with the lender, to make sure that they have no problem with adding you to the deed, even though you will not be on the mortgage. If you are added, be sure to follow the proper procedure in your state. To me it sounds like he is trying to protect what he considers is HIS stuff, if he decides to dump you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a name to a deed [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New York, and plan to have my name added to the deed on my mother's home. This would mean that we both own the property, which is important since she is 81 years of age. I purchased a blank of the same type of deed which we have, but I need help completing it. What is the easiest and...

Adding a name to my deed [ 3 Answers ]

How can I add someone to my deed?

Adding a name to a deed [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if any one knows... if I add my domestic partner's name to my deed, will his bad credit affect my mortgage?

Adding a name to a house deed [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just recently got married. He purchased our home is his name before we got married. Now that we are married we want to add my name as well. What do we need to do this and where do we go to do it?

Adding spouse name to house deed [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a house that he is renting to tenants but he is still making mortgage payments and want to add my name to it what steps do I take to do take? Thank you, Mistyrita

View more questions Search