Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minniegirl6712 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Renter rights
    Do you have to pay for the unit down stair stuff if it get wet because something is leaking in our bathroom and going throw the floor and throw her sealing but the landord can find what leaking from our bathroom and we never let water go on the floor.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 30, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Hey Minnie,

Rule of thumb sez, "your leak= your responsibility." However I'm not aware of renters rights in your area. If it's the landloards responsibility to locate and repair the leak then he's on the hook for the repair to the lower unit. Let me know how you make out. Good luck, Tom
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2007, 10:21 AM
    This is really a legal question not a plumbing question so I'm requesting it be moved to the Real Estate law forum.

If you can prove that the leak is do to a problem in the plumbing that was reported to the landlord in a timely fashion then his insurance should cover it. However, if its due to problems you caused like putting something you shouldn't down a drain, then you may be responsible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A renter looking to evict family members [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I made the silly life choice to let a family member stay in a property that I rent for just a few months while she got her stuff together to find her own place. Well as you can guess, she has yet to get her stuff together and it has been two years. She does pay rent to me for the...

Florida Tenant law, renter passes away [ 3 Answers ]

What is general law/policy with rental leases when the tenant passes away: What happens with deposite, any ending lease fees to the estate? Thanks

Renter/Roommate/30-day Notice [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Huntington Beach, California. I have a roommate. I offered the room to him below market rates because he is a good friend. I introduced him to my friend. They are now dating. She is also at the house half the time, sleeping over and doing laundry. I need my privacy. I do not want him as a...

Evicting a non renter [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend moved in with my family when she got pregnant. She has been here for a year now and the relationship is not working out. I have asked her to leave but she refuses. The sherrifs dept. says that I cannot make her leave, I have to evict her. What do I need to do to evict her.

Renter [ 1 Answers ]

I rent and occupy a two family dwelling shared with my landpeople, husband and wife team. They switched our furnaces without notifying me. Suddenly my gas bill shot up after the switch. Did they have any rights to do that without notification? :-/

View more questions Search