Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spdqueen8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Dead Beat Dad
    My situation is this:
    I live in Georgia and my ex husband and I divorced 3 yrs ago after 3 yrs of marriage. We have 2 children age 13 & 6. After my divorce was final I began seeing someone else and we are now engaged. My ex husband has had no contact with my children since the divorce was finalized. I had to have him locked up for aggrevated stalking 1 month after the divorce was finalized because he came to my home @ 2 am and tried to break into it. I had a TPO against him and have since had that changed to a Permanent order. I have also modified my divorce so my ex husband cannot see the children and I have full physical and legal custody of my children because of the things he did to my children. Needless to say I have already proved it court that he is not a nice person to me and the kids. He also has untreated Bi-Polar. Anyway, my ex has not paid any child support in almost 3 years and owes me about $15,000. My wonderful fiancée loves my kids, refers to them as his own, loves them as his own, they call him daddy not my ex, and they love him. If you ask them he is their daddy. What are my options since I have already proved a history of violence against me and the kids regarding temination of rights permanently and my fiancée legally adopting them which is what the kids want.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:06 PM
    If you marry, your husband has an opportunity to adopt after termination of the father's parental rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beat the amortization [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, my 10th grd math teacher asked us to write a paper about beating the amortizations on debt... but all I have been able to come up with is the meaning of it... and several amortization calculators, but these aren't telling me what I need. Does anyone know any thing about this?? :confused:

Dead Beat Dad! I need advice! [ 2 Answers ]

I will try to sum this up as quickly as I can. My daughters father (my ex) has tried to get out of so many responsibilities since the day we divorced. The last time I took him to court which was about 4 months ago, was for child support to be set at the full 17%. I have tried to strike deals with...

Another type of dead beat dad [ 11 Answers ]

Im a single mom as well, with just 1 child. The father is behind 6 months in child support and behind a year in medical reimbusments. But that is not my question. Here's the background of the case: We have an extensive mediation agreement, which grants me the right to live in the family home...

View more questions Search