Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sooners1950 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Quiet Title
    Under what circumstances would you purchase real estate with only a Quiet Title? I mean how credible is Quiet Title?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 07:48 AM
    I think you might be mixing up terms. Are you talking about purchasing property with a quit claim deed? Or are you talking about purchasing property where there has been a quiet title action to confirm proper ownership?

If you are talking about purchasing property with a quit claim deed, then as long as a title insurance company will issue a title insurance policy then I would have no problem with the purchase. The title insurance policy will insure that title is clear and they will defend and reimburse the owner if someone comes along with a better claim to the property.

If you are talking about purchasing property that has been the subject of a quiet title action, then again I would have no problem with the purchase as long as the title insurance company will insure the title. And with a quiet title action it is usually easier to get title insurance since a court has determined who has the best claim to the title.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quiet title action in foreclosure [ 14 Answers ]

HI. We have been trying to negotiate a short sale for a property in foreclosure. We have a signed contract from the wife. Her ex-husband, also on the title and loan, has not been in contact with her or even his own family for years. (Wife didn't even know they were divorced, but I found online...

Quiet Title A marketable title? [ 2 Answers ]

My mother and father have passed away and we, the heirs, are trying to sell the property to settle the estate. My father paid cash for this house 18 years ago and evidently obtained a quit claim to the property. The research to the property is moving at a snail's pace as there have been several...

Keeping Quiet [ 9 Answers ]

I'm not a depressed person. I have some issues with my personal life and all I have are friends and family to talk to. For every argument I have with my boyfriend, I make a point to tell a friend, or maybe even two. Sometimes I feel that I tell people too much and they could judge me or my...

Filing a quiet title action [ 10 Answers ]

I am so tired of dealing with attorney's out of state, speficially in Florida and it has cost me $1000's I would like to know from someone if I can do a quiet title action, pro-se and what it would take. It isn't very involved because my father's wife has recently passed away and there are no other...

My dog is too quiet [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: we have a miniature dachshund that is 1 year old. He is usually very active but just recently he was said to have fleas. Now he is unusually quite and just not himself. He sleeps a lot and is not as active as usual(doesnt want to go for walks, play(etc.) We took him to the vet and took...

View more questions Search