Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Couch12 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2013, 08:57 PM
    In Ontario is spouse bound if not on lease
    In Ontario is a spouse bound on a rental agreement if only one of them has signed?

I'm currently trying to evict but only have one signature on lease.
    I am able to get the wife to sign as her husband is holding all this info from her.

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2013, 09:33 PM
    So you evict them, you can evict people with no lease agreement, if you know she is living in home, list her, as well.

Mar 17, 2013, 10:04 PM
    Can she be named on legal documents? I have her listed on L1 form

Mar 17, 2013, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So you evict them, you can evict people with no lease agreement,, if you know she is living in home, list her, as well.
    Can she be named on eviction notice although she did not sign?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 18, 2013, 03:53 AM
    Yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my spouse bound by my non compete clause [ 2 Answers ]

I sold my half of my business to a partner. Due to conflict. My boyfriend was in a similar business prior to and during this entire time. I signed a non compete clause with my partner. Does this restrict him from continuing his business? Is he held to the same terms as I am? It states I can't be...

Can my common law spouse in ontario evict me [ 4 Answers ]

We lived together common law for 6 yrs we bought a house during that time but due to bankruptcy my name not on deed Now we have separrated and he wants to evict Can he do these and how

Am I legally bound to a lease if I am not on the lease? [ 8 Answers ]

I am living in a share in NYC. Three people are on the lease and I am the fourth roommate. There is a month left on the lease. I never signed the lease and I've seen the official lease and my name is not on it. I've run into some bad luck and was demoted at work and am unable to pay rent after...

Am I bound by implied promise to sign a lease in CA? [ 2 Answers ]

I've told a potential landlord (via email) that I will meet with them on a particular day/time to sign a CA lease, pay deposit, get keys, etc. Since then, I've found another, better place to rent and don't want to proceed with landlord #1. I have paid a $500 holding deposit to landlord #1 and...

Legally bound even after lease is up?! [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, here's the situation. My roommate and I signed a 10 month lease, and the lease is up on the 31st of this month. I am moving out because I've found a new job in another city. My roommate still wants to live in the apartment, so we started looking for people to fill the room. I've done all I...

View more questions Search