Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aabridge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Renters in a house going through foreclosure
    Our landlords recently gave us a 50 day notice. Seven days later we were served with a Notice of Trustee's Sale for March 1st. Who do we pay our rent to? Should we hold on to it in the case that the new owners require rent of us? We have found a new place to live but not until April 1st. We live in California.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 19, 2007, 06:28 PM
    What does the Notice say? That really determines things. But if you already have a place as of 4/1 then hang tight. It will probably take that long to get you out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Actuclly at a foreclosure sale, the new owners don't have to honor any lease or rental agreement and can just order you to get out.

I would contact the trustee, since if they have already foreclosed the old owner does not own it any longer and the mortgage company though the trustee now own the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House foreclosure rent money due [ 4 Answers ]

I am a landlord and my investment property is in the 1st stage of foreclosure. I am looking to reinstate it, but my tenants are refusing to pay rent until they find out what is going on. Can they withhold money? Can they live there rent free because of the situation? Please advise.

Renters rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am Tizzy from Missouri, what can I do if my landlord has sold my place right after I moved in and the soon to be new owner called me today and said I have until Friday to get out?

Are we renters? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister-in-law owns the house we live in. We pay all taxes and insurance on the house as well as all normal maintence costs. We are responsible for keeping up the place. On long term expenses, we pay 50% - example, for reroofing we paid 1/2 of the cost of $3000. The question arose as to our...

Renters Rights [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter just signed a rental lease and paid the first months rent plus a sizable security deposit. Two days later she found a bigger and nicer house for the same price. She called the first landlord and explained the situation. The first months rent was returned but none of the deposit. They...

Kansas State Renters Law for Renters [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Lenexa, Kansas a part of Johnson County Kansas. I need to know What the law is governing renters rights when it comes to repair of things Like garbage disposals etc. I also need to know if it is a requirement of the Law to have shades or blinds furnished by landlord or if this is the...

View more questions Search