Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdellwo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2011, 06:24 AM
    Polk county fl rental eviction?
    Do I need proof of service of the 3 day notice to vacate? Is posting the form at the property legal if the tenant isn't available? The property is located in Polk county, Florida.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 06:31 AM
    According to Section 83.56(4) of the Florida statute, "The delivery of the written notices required by subsections (1), (2), and (3) shall be by mailing or delivery of a true copy thereof or, if the tenant is absent from the premises, by leaving a copy thereof at the residence."

No, you don't need proof of service for the 3-day notice. You will need proof of service if you file a lawsuit for eviction, however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction notice in Blount County Tennessee [ 7 Answers ]

I have been asked (on 05-03-09) to vacate my property that I have been paying rent on for the last 7 years. What are my leagal options, and what is the eviction notice law in Blount County, Tennessee?

Eviction process in prince county virginia [ 2 Answers ]

When a apartment landlord files for eviction of a tentant how long does it take to have to leave the apartment if the landlord wins the eviction request in the state of virginia prince williams county

Eviction in panola county tx [ 2 Answers ]

Can you ask judge for a certain date if you have proof that will be the date you are moving If the date is reasonable of course.

View more questions Search