Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jimi_kay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Is there a 60 day notice
    I'm forced to go month to month because I did not give my land lord a 30 day notice. But now that I'm month to month the lease says 60 days notice. So now I'm trapped here for 2 months. I read some where that the notice time can be no longer than the time between payments which for me is 30 days. What do you guys and gals think

Thanks for your time and answeres
    Thanks fot answering my past q too
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2007, 10:43 AM
    First, if you are on month to month then you aren't undfr a lease. If the notiuce required was 30 days under the lease, then it remains at 30 days now that you are month to month.

Check the laws for your state. Generally, a month to month tenant is required to give notice equal to the rental period. But that's not absolute. The laws vary from area to area.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 11:25 AM
    The general law for a month-to-month tenant is that you must give written notice equal to the frequency with which you pay rent.

BUT... if you had a written lease before becoming month-to-month then the terms and conditions of that written lease still apply. So if the lease provided for 60 days notice then you must still give 60 days notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30-day notice [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I gave my roommate a 30-day notice on November 14th. When I gave him my verbal notice he said to me, "So you will be out mid-December?" and I replied yes. I figured I would only have to pay 1/2 the month of December, but now he's asking for the full month's rent. I did not sign any type of...

30 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

I received a 30 day notice, with no reason why. 3 days after I received my 30 day notice, I sent my rent to the management company and cashed the check. Does that make the 30 day notice void. Bob

30 Day notice [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Fremont, Ca. I signed a six month lease. My lease is up and I'm moving. My landlord is requiring me to pay rent for an additional 30 days. In my lease agreement it states "Notice of termination/Death: Renter shall give owner 30 day notice of intent to vacate and shall be liable for...

30 day notice [ 2 Answers ]

I am giving a 30 day notice on the first of the month and wanted to know if rent had to be paid during that time. I will actually be gone before the 30 days is up. A friend who owns and rents property told me that legally I am not required to pay but most people do because they don't know any...

Help with 30 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend renting a room from me at my home. He decided he's going to move out yesterday 8/20/06 and didn't give me a 30 day notice. I come home and his belongings are packed up. Isn't he obligated to give a 30 ay notice and pay a prorated amount if the notice goes into the next month? Or...

View more questions Search