Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manug2020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 05:00 PM
    Can owner terminate his rental agent without penalty?
    Owner and tenat are mtually agreeing to terminate lease early (7 months early) . Is the rental agent entitled to continue to receive commission after the lease is voided?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2011, 05:09 PM

Depends on your contract with the rental agent. Have you reviewed it?
    manug2020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 05:12 PM
    I am the tenant... owner was complaing to me about it... guess it's in his agreement with the agent.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 08:41 PM

I assume the agent works on behalf of the owner... then if there is a early termination penalty clause in their contract, the owner would be who pays them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a filthy rental home grounds to terminate a lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Had a real estate agent view a rental home and facilitate the lease agreement prior to our move from out of state. We saw only a few pictures of the home but did not view it in person and it looked OK. Upon arrival we discovered the home does not have a refrigerator but it does have about 4 years...

Rental/owner tax implications [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that if you convert ahouse to a rental property, you LOSE the $250K ($500K if you are married) in tax exemption you get when you sell the house. What is needed to get that exemption back? What are the rules - number of years to live in the house again, etc? This question...

Agent - Holding fees - price hike - rental [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all.. Hi Straight to the point.. Rental property Advertised for 975.. Made offer for 900 - with the agent.

Rental in foreclosure-I am owner but have tennants. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I own a rental unit that is in the long process of foreclosure. I don't know when it is supposed to be final-there is no court date as of yet or anything like that but should be within the end of the year. I have tennants occupying the unit and they have no written lease--everything was...

15 notice to terminate month to moth rental agreement [ 4 Answers ]

I have a month to month rental and my landlady gave me a handwritten 15 day notice to terminate the agreement. I have already paid her through the end of November. What should I do?

View more questions Search