Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakecam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Divorcing an absent spouce
    My husband and I separated in 1998. We have a legal separation agreement. I have since lost all contact with him and his family and I want to get a divorce. I have tried to search him out online with no success. Any suggestions on what I can do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Go to court and ask what you need to get a divorce decree. Or hire an atty.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 10:30 PM
    Normally you will have to show an effort to find them and then a legal post according to the courts rules and regs. A local attoreny that does divorce should know the rules for your court
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 04:12 PM
    File for divorce as you normally would. Document your unsuccessful attempts to locate him. The judge will decide whether to grant your divorce on the spot or allow your husband a little more time to be located and given an opportunity to respond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorcing, moving 28 miles away [ 7 Answers ]

We filed for divorce in Jan 2006, we sold our vacation home and now have our primary residence up for sale. I do not have an attorney, I am representing myself, my husband has an attorney. I am working on a settlement agreement with his attorney, all of which indicates me moving to central Orange...

Selling car to spouce [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to sell my truck to my husband. We live in North Carolina. Is there any laws against this?

How to cope with absent husband? [ 5 Answers ]

I miss my husband so much, I need him lot, I am not sure when I am going to see him again, but I do talk with him on the phone, what is good, but still, I miss him a lot and I think the babies too, what can I do not to feel so depressed?

Divorcing a disable person [ 20 Answers ]

What does the bible and the law in Tennessee say about divorcing someone that is disable so I can go on with my life?

Canadians divorcing in Shanghai [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get a divorce if both my wife and myself work and reside in Shanghai? We are both Canadian citizens, wondering if we will have to go back to Canada to file for our divorce or can we get it done here in Shanghai? Any information is greatly appreciated

View more questions Search