Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barnesd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 08:47 PM
    Building on parents property?
    I am wamting to build onmy Mother's Property. What are the legal issues that I will need to address. Someone told me that we would have to split the property and we don't want to do this. Greenville, SC
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 12, 2010, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by barnesd View Post
    ... Someone told me that we would have to split the property and we don't want to do this. Greenville, SC
    The first thing you need to do is check with the city building permit office about a building permit. It may very well be that only one main residential structure is allowed per lot, in which case you would have to split the lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on parents sold property deeded. [ 1 Answers ]

Our mother is still alive but unable to live alone. She deeded the property to we 4 children 3 years ago. We sold the property last week. How if any do we pay taxes. House sold i new york we live in alabama, ohio and maryland

Supplying water to building on property [ 6 Answers ]

I have a workshop that sits about 30 yards from my house. The water supply from my house comes from a well right next to the house. I want to run a water supply to the workshop. Would it be OK to tap off the water supply line downstream of the pressure tank and run water to the workshop, or should...

Can you get a building permit if you owe taxes on the commercial property? [ 3 Answers ]

The church owns property. They want to build a church on it. It was taxed as commercial property. The taxes have accumulated. Can they still get a building permit?

How do I claim a second property that my parents live in? [ 2 Answers ]

I own two houses with mortgages, one in Ohio and one in Kentucky. I rent the house Ohio and the one in Kentucky my parents live in. They pay the mortgage but I pay all taxes and insurance. I live, work and go to school in Ohio. I live with my boyfriend and I do not pay him any rent or anything....

Reclaiming my property lent by my son to his girlfriend's parents [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My son, who was twenty-four at the time and who had been in a very solid (or so we thought) relationship for three years, lent my commercial ($4500) lawn mower to her parents. A few months later, they split up and now her parents will not return my mower claiming that he owes them money for...

View more questions Search