Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcwolf22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 08:02 PM
    Proof of Providing a Forwarding Address
    I leased a residential property in Pittsburgh, PA. Upon termination of the lease, I provided a forwarding address by mail for the purpose of return of my security deposit. I did not receive my deposit back nor did I receive a letter from the landlord explaining why I did not receive my deposit back. I sent a Demand Letter and the landlord replied that my entire deposit was being withheld. The landlord also explained that the letter of withholding had been sent to the rental property.

I provided my forwarding address my mail - but not certified. I am a student and I provided my landlord with my permanent address at the time I entered the lease. My rental checks all had my permanent address printed upon them. Do I have any chance of proving that I provided a forwarding address to the landlord if I take this to small claim court?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 08:17 PM

If the landlord sent the mail to the old address, if you also filed a change of address with the post office why was your mail also not merely forwarded.

Good chance, if you explain, and even provide copies of the checks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get an address with mailing forwarding service? [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently residing in Texas and thinking about living overseas for a couple of years. I will not have a physical address in Texas during this period. How do I claim as a Texas resident for the purpose of filing for income tax return?

Forwarding address [ 4 Answers ]

My husband "supposedly" skipped town, and I'm trying to divorce him. How do I find his fowarding address?? I've tried just about everything!

Proof of address [ 2 Answers ]

I just apply for job in the bank but they need from me 2 proofs of my address I have one bank statement and I have problem to get second . I rent a room ihave written contract with my landlord but they don't accept this .I was thinking about provisional driving licence but don't know if they...

Providing My Forwarding Address [ 3 Answers ]

Michigan law states that you must provide your landlord with your forwarding address within 4 days of moving out. If I know my new address, can I send my fowarding address notice early? The official end of my tenancy is this Friday (April 13th) and today (Wednesday, April 11th) would be the best...

Forwarding Address [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I need to sue previous tenants at my property for unpaid rent/utilities and damages, but they have moved out and they did not give me a forwarding address. How do I obtain that from the USPS? I tried to call the USPS and they say they need something from the court saying they can release...

View more questions Search