Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paul_K Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 11:19 PM
    Eviction of tenants in Alabama
    My mother owns a mobile home on her property. She started many years ago allowing a family to live there for $100/month to help them out for a short period. Now it has been ten years and she wants them to move, but they say they do not have any other place to live. For the last year they have not paid any rent.

How can she evict them in the state of Alabama? They have now changed their mailing address (gotten a P.O. Box she supposes).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Yes, she gives them a 30 day notice to move.

If they don't, she files for a eviction in the court. You go to a hearing, say they are behind on their rent, if they don't move out, the sheriff comes out and thows all of their belongings to the curb.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 3, 2006, 09:53 AM
    This article:
    http://www.msplaw.com/pdf/newsletter_vol2_iss1.pdf
    May be helpful with the specifics. If they are not getting mail at the property, have someone go with your mom and witness her delivery of the letter. Take a picture if necessary.

If they don't move and she has to evict, then the sheriff's office will serve those papers, though there will be a fee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishment of Wages in Alabama [ 3 Answers ]

Hello... I just receive a notice from the court telling me that one of my creditors obtained a judgement against me, and is pettitioned the court to garnish my wages to pay the debt. I recognize that I owe the money, but at the time I didn't have it to pay it. Now I do... the question is 2...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Alabama Tenant Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I've been living on some property for the past two years that has a main house set up for two tenants and a detached garage apartment. I live in the garage apartment. Only one of the two rentals in the house is occupied. The landowner and I never signed a lease or contract. The landowner told me...

Tenants eviction.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a two family house in East Boston, MA. Both tenants have had a hard time paying the rent. Unfortunately I have become their friend ( big mistake ). I have given one of them an eviction notice (14 day ) but he now has given me this months rental amount ( still owes me about $5000....

View more questions Search