Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grahml Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 04:44 AM
    Judgement, garnishment, Washington state
    My husband signed a promisory note for approximately 22,000 to purchase a house for an investment. He was not able to fix the house and flip it in a timely manner to repay the note in the alloted 90 days. After possessing the house for 7 months he deeded it back to the note holder to satisfy the debt. The note holder intended to repair and flip the house to get his money back but was unsuccessful. He ended up selling it for only 7,000 two years later. He has admitted to taking possession of the house seven months into this whole deal. Now he has a judgement lien against our home to collect the entire promisory note of 22,000 plus interest. Is he entitled to the entire note? How much is my husband liable?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2010, 06:05 AM
    Without reading the terms of the note or, if there was a contract for the sale, the likelihood is yes he is entitled to the entire note less what he paid and what the property was sold for. Since he obtained a judgement, the courts said he was.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 07:31 AM

Something sounds fishy here. If the home was returned as your stating was there any cash at any time that was exchanged? If the home was a voluntary reposession then the balance should be 0. If it were forclosed on then he would owe the difference between 22k and 7k or 15k plus interest accrued and court costs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adultery in Washington state [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a law in Washington state against adultery?

Washington State lease [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are both on the lease. We have until April 09 when the lease is up. My question is I am wanting to move out and he is saying I need to stay until the lease is up or would have to pay him rent if I left. I have NEVER paid a dime of rent since living there all I paid was a $250...

Know of any rescues in Washington State? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been looking via different search engines, but it just seems like there should be more. I'm looking for a pit bull, or another bully breed dog rescue in the state of Washington. Thanks for any help you can provide.

View more questions Search