Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cloblondie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 07:49 PM
    What happens to HOA Lien if home foreclosed on
    I am the treasurer for a HOA. We filed a lien for nonpayment of assessments. The house was foreclosed on. I have been told that the HOA Lien is wiped out?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 08:13 PM

As with many questions, that would depend upon which state you are in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Non-Mandatory HOA, placing Lien on our home? [ 2 Answers ]

We live in a small 2 block neighborhood, total of like 20 houses. When we signed mortgage papers, it shows that there is a non mandatory HOA. The HOA is telling us that it is mandatory and that we owe for the past two years (we have lived here for about a 1.5 yrs). We have not paid, as we...

Can a HOA put a lien on my home? [ 5 Answers ]

I haven't paid my HOA fees for this year and received a letter in regular mail saying they've put a lien on our home for $235. We haven't received any form of notification that if we didn't pay this by a certain date that this was a possibility. The last letter that we received was that we were...

HOA lien [ 6 Answers ]

I have rental property and I have just found out that my property has a lien on it from the HOA association. I have owned this house for 7 years... and received bills and paid the dues until 2005. At that time, I got a divorce and totally forgot about the HOA fees... in fact, I thought...

HOA lien [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what form, for California, that I need to fill out so our hoa association can place a lien on a home before she falls into foreclosure?

View more questions Search