Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mojozojo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Can my husband make me leave my house?
    My husband and I have been married just 35 months. He left 2days ago and then texted me and told me to be out in about 2 weeks. Ths Summer we refinaced our home we have been here about a year and a half.
    Can he tell me to move out and what rights do I have? He wants to leave due to me being depressed and crying all the time. He will not go o counseling now that I have decided to try.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 26, 2009, 01:43 PM

First, are you on the title of the home and/or on the mortgage. Second, what state do you live in.

But the most likely answer is no, he can't. Since he left you can actually keep him out. You NEED to see a divorce attorney immediately to secure your rights. This doesn't mean you will divorce him, just that you are securing your rights to marital property.

If your name is on the title, then there is no way he can order you to live since you own half the house. But if you aren't in the title, especially if , he owned the house prior to the marriage, then its possible you will eventually have to move. But he can't just kick you out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a wife make her husband leave the home they share? [ 3 Answers ]

MY father is mentally ill and non-compliant with his medications. He suffers from severe depression and has attempted suiside previously. My mother wants my father to seek help for himself or leave for good. Can she have him committed and if so how? Can she legally make him leave the home that they...

How to make my dad leave my house? [ 3 Answers ]

I am the only person on my land contract and I am wanting to know how to get my father to leave my house.he is doing everything he can to break up my fiancé and i.the police even have been called and took him away on a asult charge after hitting her.(but the charges have been dropped due to lack of...

How do you make people leave your house [ 1 Answers ]

My friend lives with her mother and father and when her cousin got out of prison he needed a place to stay so they let him stay with them and then his dad came and stayed as well and now my friend wants them out cause they are not working and using drugs, and she has two small children and is...

View more questions Search