Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poorjudgement Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 07:52 PM
    How do I get my personal belongings from an ex?
    For nine months, I spent half the week living in my own home, and the other half in that of my partner. It was our intention to live together, so I was told to leave my things there, rather than bringing stuff back and forth. This included things of significant value, including furniture, and business-related items.

I also have a very few things of hers that she had indicated she wanted back.

About a years ago, she sent me an email stating the "rules" under which I could come and get my things (basically with 24hrs. Notice), but when I have made requests per her "guidelines, I have received no response.

She also stated in writing, that she refused to return my dog, nor will she pay vet bills (as she promised) incurred for her own dog, The charges for the care of both dogs were billed to my account.

What can I do? I can make little sense of the NC statutes, and fear that she has disposed of my belongings. I also have some things of hers that she had indicated she wanted back.

I want my things back. Some of them have great sentimental value and are irreplaceable.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 10:27 PM

Give her a date and time you will come over, get a police officer ( may have to hire one for off duty work) to go with you.

if she will not give it to you, sue her in court for the value of the items

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights on personal belongings [ 3 Answers ]

I am wanting to know about rights for personal belongings. Here's the situation: My friend moves out of his house that he shared wit his ex-girlfriend. That same girlfriend and his family helped him move out. He moved his belongings to his sisters house. He was leaving out of town the next day...

My boyfriend changed the locks with all my personal belongings still there [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Overland Park, Kansas and my boyfriend decided to change the locks while I was at work yesterday. Everything I own is in that house. I am not on the lease but my Driver's License has that address number and I get mail there. What are my rights? Is he allowed to do this? I don't know any...

Do I have the right to my personal belongings? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I were together for 4 1/2 years. About a month ago, he decided that he (we) were leaving Arizona to move back east where oure families are. We packed up everything (mostly my things) and we drove cross country for 4 days making plans to go back and put HIS condo up for sale...

Personal belongings [ 2 Answers ]

What is the definition of personal belongings?

Room mate left personal belongings and furniture [ 5 Answers ]

I know this has been asked before but I'm still confused. I live in Kansas. I had a room mate who lived with me for about 6 months while she tried to get away from an abusive husband. During that time she never paid rent or bills, but she did buy a few pieces of furniture. When she left (to go...

View more questions Search