Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolfiniski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Prorated rent
    I'm signing a rental agreement on Saturday at 10, the agent wants me to pay prorated for that particular day, I understand it is a business but shouldn't I only pay for the remaining 14 hrs. left for the day or is it completely legal to ask to pay prorated for the whole day
    dolfiniski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfiniski View Post
    I'm signing a rental agreement on Saturday at 10, the agent wants me to pay prorated for that particular day, I understand it is a bussiness but shouldn't I only pay for the remaining 14 hrs. left for the day or is it completely legal to ask to pay prorated for the whole day
    I live in California
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2009, 06:52 PM

Generally, pro-rated rents are done on a daily basis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prorated rent [ 1 Answers ]

California I had a tenant rent my condo and sign a month to month lease after viewing it. She gave notice and moved out a few days later. She return the keys and agreed verbally that our transaction was complete. Rent had been paid for the full month on the 1st. If I am able to re-rent the...

Prorated Rent [ 3 Answers ]

We have a tenant that had been relatively good for 8 months - a few late payments, but otherwise good. On May 1st they called and said they were having financial trouble and would pay May and June's rent in full on June 1st. We verbally agreed to let them do this. June 3rd came and the tenant...

Prorated rent [ 1 Answers ]

We gave notice to our landlady 30 days prior to moving, ( 1st of the month) our lease states that we give a 20 day notice. The following day she put up a for rent sign in our window, and placed an ad in the paper. By the 15th of the month while we were trying to clean and still move our stuff she...

Prorated Rent [ 2 Answers ]

If I move out in a month that has 31 days (July) doesn't the Landlord have to figure my daily rental amount on 31 days? He told me that proprated rent is always figured on 30 days regardless of how many days are in the month. Thanks,

Prorated rent [ 2 Answers ]

We are on a month to month lease in California. My husband received orders from the military to move on July 20, so we gave notice on June 19. I paid rent for the 20 days we would be living here in July and our landlord went ballistic, insisting that we pay him the full months rent because we're...

View more questions Search