Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janinej Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 06:07 PM
    3 room mates livings together wanting one to leave
    I live in an apartment with 2 roommates. One of the roommates and I got the apartment originally and told the landlord we want it but the landlord said we needed 3 names for the lease. So we put in a search for a third roommate and from the beginning told her that it was only a year and we had someone interested in the following year. The lease is coming to an end and recently she told us she may want to stay on the lease for a new year but that was never an option for her. The landlord knows that she was put on the lease so we could get the apartment, even if it meant having her as a roommate for the last year.

What is the legal way to let her know she cannot continue living with us? Does the landlord have a say?

We have not approached her yet because we want to make sure we do this right, she is known to cause problems and this worries us.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2009, 06:23 PM

Yes the landlord can refuse to renew the lease with her. However, he can also choose to allow her to renew. So you need to talk to him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to leave home [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and I no longer want to live with my mother. I can't live with my father because he is worse then my mother. My mom never physically beats me but she does verbally. It gets to the point were I don't know what to do so I just run away! How do I go about leaving my house and...

Room mates [ 4 Answers ]

How long must someone be "moved-in" in a house, in order to establish residency?

Mother wanting to leave area [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, we currently live in richmond, va I am a father with joint custody of our 7 year old child. My daughter mother has physical custody and her primarily residence is at her mothers. I have my child 3 days and two nights out the week. She is doing really well and school. My ex- is telling...

Debit among room-mates [ 1 Answers ]

I lived in a split level with 3 other people, the one person had the hydro in his name. I'm in the basement, however we all would split the utilities 4 ways. The person who's name it was in moved in April '06 & told us he had transferred everything over to the new tennants (who have lived ustairs...

Lease Termination Question (NJ) - 3 Room-mates on Lease , 1 Is not sure of moving out [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We are three room-mates sharing a apartment and the lease expires Jan 31,2007. We got a notice to renew the lease last month and need to respond by the 21st of December (this month). Me and one of my other roomie wants to move out and the third roomie is still not sure of moving out. ...

View more questions Search