Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deborah Jeter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 07:41 AM
    State of Indiana Lien Law
    Owner of property refuses to pay association fees. Home is up for sale. Can association file a lien on the property for amount of association fees? Is a judgement in small claims court required before the lien can be filed? How do you get the forms to file the lien? Are there any time limitations?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 07:48 AM

What does the Homeowners Associaton Agreement say about this? Some Agreeements allow an automatic lien without Court; others require Court.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 07:49 AM

Hello D:

The answer to your question should be found in your CC&R's and your HOA bylaws. SOME HOA'S can put a lien on a property WITHOUT a judgment. Others can't.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support in the state of Indiana [ 1 Answers ]

College kid in the state of Indiana will be 21 can child support be stopped upon the kid turning 21

State of Indiana Tax garnishement [ 1 Answers ]

I was the president of a company where the payroll taxes were imbesseled by the accountant. The state and federal government harnessed me with the tax liability. The taxes were incurred during 1992 and 1993. I did file bankruptcy in 2004 and we did list the Indiana Department of Revenue and the...

When does child support end in Indiana State [ 2 Answers ]

My son turned 20 this summer, is living at home and working part-time. He attended College two semester. I paid $300 per month, $1,000.00 in tuition and over $2,000.00 in computers and book fees while he was in College. The cost of living is higher and I am not able to help him this year. My son...

Filing a lien in Indiana [ 6 Answers ]

If you have won a judgment and you would like to file a lien on a property. This is not a mechanics lien. What form would you use or can you file the judgment and would that become a lien on the property or the person?

Need to know Indiana State Law on abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

:( My ex and I have 3 children. He has had very little contact with them since the divorce over 7 yrs. Ago. He has had absolutely no contact with them in over 4 years. He has recently been paying child support but only because the courts made him. He actually owes me around 40,000 in back support....

View more questions Search