Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosenla1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 07:46 PM
    NYC- Rent controlled succession rights
    I have a friend who has been living in his Uncle's rent controlled/stabilized apartment for about four years, his Uncle is 92 years old and pays a ridiculously low rent by NYC standards, the uncle no longer wants anything to do with the apartment, and my friend was wondering if he can somehow get his name on the lease?? Any thoughts? *I know, he wishes his uncle cool.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2009, 07:54 PM

Ths site should help:
    NYC Rent Guidelines Board

There is good news and bad news. He qualifies by having lived in the apt for more than 2 years. However, he doesn't qualify directly as a family member. However, there are aome additional rules for someone who has been a resident. So he needs to check the rules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I rent a house that is being foreclosed on, rights? [ 4 Answers ]

From the website this looks to be a common situation lately. I rent a house in California that is in foreclosure and is going up for "TTEE SALE" on 5/13/08. I don't have a written lease because one was never provided to me. We entered into an oral agreement with a written lease to follow but...

Ecological succession? [ 2 Answers ]

What is ecological succession? I have like 4 question on some homework that all use that term and my dictionary doesn't define it and the online deffinitions might as well as been speaking in japanease. Please help :)

Clinton succession [ 4 Answers ]

If bill clinton held another office in Washington dc, what are the chances that he would become president

Succession of Father's Estate (Louisiana) [ 1 Answers ]

My father died in 1996 and a succession was never done. I am in the process of gathering information and am not having any luck gaining access to his financial records at the bank. They tell me they only keep 5 years on file but may have old files on micro fiche but I would need the account...

Rent controlled [ 1 Answers ]

Ballengerb1, What if an l.a. rent-control tenant doesn't have a lease and refuses to sign one? I suppose taking rent from the tenant creates a periodic rental agreement-- may a lessor give a 30/60 day notice to move out because the lessor doesn't want to renew the month-to-month? If this...

View more questions Search