Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimisue54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Lien on car for rent judgement
    I am going to be evicted for nonpayment of rent and I am making payments on my car. The only income I receive is from Veterans and Social Security. Can a lien be put on my car for this judgement and can my car be taken?
    kimisue54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Re: can my car be taken for unpaid rent
    I am sorry, I am new to this website and I posted a question regarding putting a lien on my car for unpaid rent but I neglected to say I am in Michigan. Thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2009, 05:51 PM

To add information to a previous post, you can go back and edit your post or just add a reply to it. Don't start a new thread. I've merged the threads for you.

Its unlikely they will go after your car, since you are making payments on it the loan company has a prior lien.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement Lien [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lien from a small claims Judgement attached to my property. I need to know the statue of limitation for the lien and what action can the bank take against me for non payment of the amount. The case is mentioned as open in the Lawrence county court, Ohio. Charles Gunawan

Judgement Lien on property [ 5 Answers ]

In 2000, my Father signed for a car for me with me as the co-signer. In 2001 the car was repossesed. The debt has been sold a number of times, and most recently it was last year. This newest company took my fater to court, unfortunately, the court date was on the day his mother (my grandmother)...

Judgement lien against me [ 10 Answers ]

I just received a judgement lien against me last week from a debt I aguired before I was married... today this debt collector totally wipe out my husband's checking account.. my name is also on this account... can they do this? I don't work, so it was his pay that was in the account... and is this...

Lien judgement [ 28 Answers ]

I received a judgement with a lien against all property that was sent to the Register of Deeds.. I do not own a home at present.. I was married last year and this judgement is for a debt I had before my marriage.. how will this effect my husband's credit, his bank account, his wages and his being...

Judgement not listed as lien [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently wanting to sell our house, we have a judgement on our credit rating, this judgement is currently under appeal and awaiting hearing. The judgement has never been registered as a lien against our home, or any property that we own, the mortgage broker we applied with has told us the...

View more questions Search