Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianacunningham Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 01:49 PM
    Quit Claim Deed
    I live in Michigan. My husband and I signed our vacant land over to our youngest son. Now we find out we lost the homestead cap on property taxes. We need to do a reversal of the quit claim deed. I understand this can be done but unsure of format/wording. There is no problem with our son signing the land back to us, we just have to do it right to get the homestead status exemption. Has anyone ever done this?

Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 01:56 PM

What did you lose the homestead exemption on, the vacant lot ?

Not sure how this effected your home? Please explain

Feb 22, 2009, 04:36 PM

Chuck - we lost the exemption on the vacant land. The taxes were $400.00 per year and now they are $1800.00 per year plus.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 07:49 PM

Would not the homestead exemption be only on your principle home. The place you actually live? Was this property attached to it ?

Feb 23, 2009, 09:09 AM

Our house was located on 3.3 acres. 4 years it was split. The vacant land is attached - so I guess it had homestead status - I am not sure. Anyway, now, it doesn't have homestead. Thus, the tax increase. The township said we could do a deed in error and reverse it back - but we are not sure how to do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Special warranty deed and quit claim deed what are they? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference bewtween the two and what is the purpose?

Warranty Deed vs. Quit Claim Deed [ 11 Answers ]

My aunt passed away recently and left her house to us (six nieces and nephews) since she and my uncle had no children. We are in the process of selling the house in Arkansas (we all live in Michigan) and are trying to deal with everything long distance. The lady from the Title Insurance...

Reversal of life estate deed using quit claim deed [ 2 Answers ]

Can a life estate deed be reversed if all remainders sign a quit claim deed in North Carolina?

Quit Claim Deed/Contract for Deed [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have posted before. I had a contract for deed piece of property, and have myself been going back and forth with a lawyer and the client. Trying to make a offer to end this nightmare. I offered them 1000.00 in 10 payments and at the end of that to sign a quitclaim deed or 500.00 and...

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search