Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddiel66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Add name to apartment deed as Tenants in Common
    I currently own an apartment in Manhattan. For estate purposes, I was told to add my wife's name to the deed and make the ownership "Tenants in Common".

Does anyone know how to go about this? What forms do I need and where do they get filed?

Thanks
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 03:30 PM
    At the top of the Real Estate Law forum there is a sticky post that explains how to add someone to your deed. You can read it at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-e...eed-91136.html
    eddiel66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the link.
    Before I go the attorney route, does anyone know if adding a name to a condo deed in Manhattan triggers a major fee to the city or state (like a percentage of the value of the apartment)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenants in common vs nursing homes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My sister and I are co-owners of our deceased parents' estate and we are wondering, since we are getting up in years, if one of us should have some health misfortune and have to go into a nursing home, whether the nursing home would have any claim to the property for payment of nursing care?...

Tenants in common [ 9 Answers ]

MY daughter was included on the house deed as tenant in common, does she have to contribute on the property taxes? Insurance?:

Tenants in common [ 1 Answers ]

We have invested in a home, we refinanced and I am on the mortgage and need to be on the title (with a friend) I am pretty sure we need a tenants in common quit claim deed, but we are unsure how to word things so that it is know that we both own the house, but one party has taken equity out of the...

Tenants in common [ 1 Answers ]

My sister and I are Tenants in Common via a gift from our mother. The property is paid for in full and has no home equity loans. I have an outstanding credit rating(800s). However, My sister has over extended herself and now creditors are threating liens and or judgements. My sister feels that...

View more questions Search