Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trxx729 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 06:08 AM
    Rights as renter
    What is my rights as a renter when the home owner deciedes to sell to another party
    337 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 06:54 AM

What is my rights as a renter? When the owner decides to sell the home to another party? Do I have to show the house for them while I still rent the home and live in it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2009, 07:08 AM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

You also appear to be the same person using two different names. Can you explain why?

To answer your question, this should be spelled out in your lease. Most leases do require that the tenant allow the rental property to be shown with reasonable notice. If the house is sold, then the owner assumes your lease and has to abide by the terms of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my rights as a renter [ 1 Answers ]

What's is my rights as renter. When the home owner decides to sell to another party.

Renter rights [ 5 Answers ]

I rent a house . The owner is in default. He is still asking for rent, but the bank now owns the house.Plus I have to move before my lease agreement is over due to the default. WHat are my rights on paying rent, and to whom? Can I sue the owner for making me move and incurring expenses before...

Renter rights [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of California is it legal to collect rent on your rental property and not pay the mortgage? The landlord owns 2 houses and both houses are in foreclosure. I'am rent one of the houses and need to know what my legal rights are.

What are my rights as a renter on an Apt. Being foreclosed? [ 5 Answers ]

I currently am renting an apartment in Miami. Last week I received a notice that the property is being foreclosed. My lease ends December 5th, but I have already paid for August, last month (November), and a security deposit (Equal to one month's rent). What are my rights? Should I stop paying...

Renter rights [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have to pay for the unit down stair stuff if it get wet because something is leaking in our bathroom and going throw the floor and throw her sealing but the landord can find what leaking from our bathroom and we never let water go on the floor.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:...

View more questions Search