Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonogib Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Adult Child Eviction In CT
    A child of an ex-friend was allowed to stay in our CT home. Child is now an adult and has been helping with expenses (ie-room & board with no lease), but is causing extreme anxiety in household. Do I need to evict through legal means?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 07:32 PM

Yes, you will have to do a formal eviction if this person won't leave your premises.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 07:51 PM

Yes, unless you want to give them a reason to sue you, you will have to give them notice to move. And then if they do not, follow up with court to evict.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction of an adult child in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I have an adult child, age 19, living with me, my son and his father. He has been living with us for about a year and a half. He was thrown out of his mothers house because of his behavior. He is difficult to get along with and has made our lives very stressful. We made him and my son sign a lease...

Eviction of Adult Child in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 21, married, and has a 9 month old daughter. They lived in an apartment for one year, then asked to move back in with us. He and his wife agreed to pay rent, but she moved out because he won't get a job. (he has a million excuses) We keep the baby 3 days a week and he participates in her...

Eviction of an adult child [ 2 Answers ]

How do I evict a family member who has no lease, pays no rent nor any of the monthly household expenses. I can not get him to just leave, he says to 'evict him'.

Nj eviction of adult child [ 1 Answers ]

27 year old lives at home in NJ. Has drug problems and is suspected of stealing items and cash from us. Refuses to leave when told to. How to legally get him out and restrain him from coming around

Eviction of adult child [ 1 Answers ]

At what age can a parent legally evict an adult child living in their home and be able to count on police assistance if necessary?

View more questions Search