Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Firemarshal77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 11:08 AM
    State of Indiana Tax garnishement
    I was the president of a company where the payroll taxes were imbesseled by the accountant. The state and federal government harnessed me with the tax liability. The taxes were incurred during 1992 and 1993. I did file bankruptcy in 2004 and we did list the Indiana Department of Revenue and the IRS on the chapter 7 bankruptcy. We started getting our tax check back the next tax season. The problem is the Indiana Department of Revenue has turned me over to their collection agency and they are now garnisheeing my wages. The way I found out was my check was 25% short. I never got anyghing else not even from my employer letting me know they were even trying to collect. Can they collect on me when I filed bankruptcy in 2004. I know the debt dosen't go away but dosen't bankruptcy make it where they cannot collect during term of so many years. We are really trying to get our feet under us and they just knocked them out. Please help.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Hello Fire:

You're not getting any action here, cause you're really asking a TAX question rather than a LEGAL question...

We have a guy here named AtlantaTaxExpert. He's great. But, he's not going to see the question over here. Ask it on the tax page or ask him directly.

Wish I could help.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online HR degree from Indiana state university [ 4 Answers ]

I am willing to start online MS degree on human resource management in Indiana state university.Can anybody tell me how worthy is it from career perspective? am I able to get a proper job in USA if I pursue this online course?

When does child support end in Indiana State [ 2 Answers ]

My son turned 20 this summer, is living at home and working part-time. He attended College two semester. I paid $300 per month, $1,000.00 in tuition and over $2,000.00 in computers and book fees while he was in College. The cost of living is higher and I am not able to help him this year. My son...

Need to know Indiana State Law on abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

:( My ex and I have 3 children. He has had very little contact with them since the divorce over 7 yrs. Ago. He has had absolutely no contact with them in over 4 years. He has recently been paying child support but only because the courts made him. He actually owes me around 40,000 in back support....

Fishing license in the state of Indiana [ 6 Answers ]

Anyone out there from Indiana? I have a camping trip planned for this weekend and I was planning on doing a little fishing. Anyone know what the state requires and where I can get one?

View more questions Search