Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R1chellecloud22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Can I leave in a 3-day notice?
    I want to leave my apartments so I can move into my mother's rental property. I am in a month-to-month tenency. If I get served with a 3-day notice can I just leave by the end of the three days and not have any negitave reprocussions? Will I have to pay next month's rent as well? California
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Nov 24, 2008, 02:12 AM

If it's month to month there is no lease. You can leave. He can sue you in small claims for lost rent (if you have not paid) and damages (if there is any) if the deposit is less than this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by R1chellecloud22 View Post
    I want to leave my apartments so I can move into my mother's rental property. I am in a month-to-month tenency. If I get served with a 3-day notice can I just leave by the end of the three days and not have any negitave reprocussions? Will I have to pay next month's rent as well? . . . California

You will owe to the end of the month in which you leave - if you were served with a 3 day notice I would guess you are at least one month in arrears now. You will owe what is past due as well as the next month.

I don't know what you mean by negative repercussions - if you are referring to your credit report the falure to pay may or may not get "picked up." The landlord will probably take you to Court for the rent but there is no 100% guarantee in either direction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 07:05 AM

Yes, you will owe the money that he is asking for in the 3 day notice, but should not owe past the end of that month.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Landlord give me a 3-Day notice plus a 30 Day notice to quit all at once? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to please know what is the legal procedure to an eviction notice? My fiancé and I and my 3 children use to live in Buena Park in Orange County and we still currently work in Orange County and comute Mon-Fri about 1hr and 15mins each way. When we heard from a far away causing...

Received a 60 day notice to vacate - do I need to give a 30 day notice? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! The rental property is in cupertino, California. I received a 60 day notice to vacate as the new owner wants to remodel the property. As I have a house that I had bought and was also renting this unit I would like to vacate within 15 days and move all my stuff? Question - Am I...

Got eviction notice, do I have to pay rent if I leave? [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord failed to repair my sliding window, so I brought my mom's dog to my apt to hopefully safe-keep my belongings. The landlord has continued to fail to repair the problem and have since seen the dog. Now I have been given and eviction notice or get rid of the dog and pay $50 per day since...

Month to month notice to leave [ 2 Answers ]

I rent month to month in Florida with no lease, how long in advance does the landlord have to give a notice to leave the premises?

Eviction notice or quit notice [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in this house for 46 years with my mother, sister and brother. My beloved uncle decided to take over the house because the house needed repairs. He was approved for a second mortgage. Unforunatelly he passed away. My aunt became exceutive of his estate or so she claimed, Any...

View more questions Search