Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SGBETTY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 04:00 PM
    How do I evict my brother legally?
    My mom recently signed the house over to me. My brother is a nuisance and he has never paid any rent. How do I let him know that I want him out wihtout him being able to sue me? Will a simple letter work? We live in California. Thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Hello Betty:

We have a copy of the California landlord/tenant act at the top of the real estate page on a sticky note. Follow it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I legally evict my 18 year old? [ 10 Answers ]

My eighteen year old daughter is headstrong and disobedient and insists that since she is 18, she can do whatever she wants. She believes that I cannot tell her what to do anymore, and that if she is asked to pay rent, that she is not accountable to me. Of course, I disagree since she is living...

How do I legally evict a roommate... as soon as possible? [ 4 Answers ]

I let my sister in law move in to my house in which I currently have a 12 month lease. She is not on the lease and I need to get rid of her. She is always late or short with the rent and I believe she is doing drugs. I want her out but I want to do it legally so she has no recourse other than to...

Can I legally evict ex boyfriend? [ 15 Answers ]

He's been living with me for a while, but has never paid the mortgage. He does pay some utilities, but now is refusing to leave. He is verbally abusive and has made threats. I fear that he will harm me physically, but has not yet. I tried to get a TPO and was denied because there is not physical...

Can I legally evict ex boyfriend? [ 8 Answers ]

He's been living with me for a while, but has never paid the mortgage. He does pay some utilities, but now is refusing to leave. We have kids together and I think his reason for staying is to avoid paying child support. He is verbally abusive and has made threats. I fear that he will harm me...

How can I legally evict my boyfriend who's not on my lease? [ 1 Answers ]

In Columbus, OH I've been renting my apartment now for close to 6 years and I let my useless boyfriend move in when he didn't have anywhere else to go. Well that was 4 years ago and now I want him out. He isn't on my lease, he's out of work, and he doesn't contribute to the rent at all. He...

View more questions Search