Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malvarado2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Foreclosure lawsuit letter from a court
    I need to respond a lforeclosure lawsuit against me regarding my property being foreclosed. I am being demanded by a bank that does not hold the mortgage of my property. How do I respond this letter saying that I don't recognize that bank as the original mortgage company I am engaged.

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Umm Mortgages are sold all the time. Especially in the current climate where several lenders have gone under, other lenders have purchased their outstanding loan portfolios.

So what you should do is respond to the letter asking for proof that they are the owners of your loan.
    malvarado2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Umm Mortgages are sold all the time. Especially in the current climate where several lenders have gone under, other lenders have purchased their outstanding loan portfolios.

So what you should do is respond to the letter asking for proof that they are the owners of your loan.,
    Do you have a sample letter ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Just keep it simple:

Dear Sirs:
    I originally took out my mortgage <insert account #> with <insert lender>. I have received no notification that my loan has been transferred to another party. Please provide documentation that you have the right to act on any default of this loan.

That should be sufficient.

BTW, are you , in fact, in default of this loan? Are you able to bring it current?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a Sample response letter to the court for a debt summons [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone have any sample letters that I could use to respond to a debt summons from the county court? I have a law firm that is filing a judgement against me for a debt Which I am trying to pay off through a Consumer Debt Law Firm. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Format for sworn denial letter debt lawsuit [ 4 Answers ]

I need to write a sworn denial letter to the court and I just need to know how to word it properly, I am fighting a lawsuit by a debt collector, thank you.

Letter to the court. [ 3 Answers ]

How should I start a letter for "motion the court for early termination of probation" and do I sent it to the Judge who sentence me or any Judge will do? :confused:

Judge Counterclaim Written Response Credit Card Debt Lawsuit Court [ 6 Answers ]

I am being sued by Zwicker and Associates for a debt they claim I owe. It is around $11750.00 I did show up for court. The judge stated that within 14 days I must file a counterclaim and that Zwicker must provide proof of debt. They have broken various aspects of the Fair Debt Collections Act. How...

(Massachusetts) What does a notorized letter need for court? [ 3 Answers ]

I have several witnesses willing to write statements on my behalf regarding a verbal agreement between myself and a casual friend. However, We have no idea what the statements need to contain insofar as correct writing, wording, phrasing, etc. to get them notarized and use them in court for my...

View more questions Search