Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canbud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 12:33 PM
    How can a landlord break a lease in Florida
    My landlord wants to break my lease to sell her house due to divorce. What does she have to do to legally break the lease? There are no clauses in the lease to cover if the landlord wants to break the lease for this or any other reason.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Buy you out. You have a valid lease and she can't terminate it without cause or your agreement. Nor does she have to. She can sell the property with your lease and the buyer has to honor it. Might make it harder to sell though.

Offer to move out if she will pay your apt search and moving costs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 04:22 PM
    She can of course always sell the property, but the new owner will have to honor the lease.If they want you out they will have to buy you out and/or work out some agreement you will agree with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord breaks lease in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My question is: Our landlord asked us on June 1st if we could move out early so that the owner of the home could move back into his home. We agreed verbally to move, on July 1st we moved into a new home in which is $150 more on the mth. Also we were told that they would provide a...

No lease Florida law Landlord rights [ 3 Answers ]

How can a landlord evict a tenent from a trailer that had no landlord-tenant lease

No lease Florida law Landlord rights [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have rented a room (within my home) with no written lease tenant to pay weekly. Utilities were not included in rent. The tenant is now past due on her rent and electric. Also, when I confronted her about the balance she verbally threatened me with bodily harm. What are my rights? I wish...

Can landlord break lease [ 2 Answers ]

My landlord wants to sell the house. We are on a 1 year lease that will not expire until next year. Can she break her lease agreement, and if so what if any are my rights to collect damages?

Can I The Landlord Break The Lease In Fl [ 4 Answers ]

I have a property in miami fl I rented it out but want to break the lease to sale All the tenates gave me was a security deposit and first month and has been paying late for the last six months what can I do

View more questions Search